Call for proposals
Topics for proposing talks/workshops/tutorials for JSFoo: VueDay:
We are accepting proposals for:
- Full-length (40 mins duration) talks
- Crisp (20 mins duration) talks
- Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions on focussed topics
- Tutorials (90 mins duration)
- Hands-on workshops (3-6 duration) where participants follow instructors on their laptops.
You can propose talks on the following topics:
- Tooling with Vue – case study talks, showing how this has or has not worked for your use case.
- Vue CLI – case studies showing deploying apps with Vue.
- NativeScript as an alternative for building cross-platform apps.
- Component architecture with Vue – building web applications with Vue as one of the components in the architecture and the patterns/anti-patterns/challenges faced. Also tell us how teams in your organization are structured if Vue is an important aspect of the front-end workflow.
- Web standards and Vue.js.
- Latest developments in the Vue ecosystem: Vue 3 and other developments, by the time we reach 30 August 2019.
Suggest topics not covered in the above list by submitting a proposal on the topic for someone to speak on. We will find a speaker!
JSFoo: VueDay is a single-track event with Birds of Feather (BOF) and speaker connect sessions organized in parallel to talks in the main auditorium. Workshops and tutorials will be held on 31 August and 1 September.
We are interested in case studies and talks which expose participants to new approaches. We typically don’t accept:
- How-to talks
- Talks on topics which have been covered in previous editions of JSFoo and ReactFoo on Vue.js
- Beginner level or introductory talks
Proposals will be shortlisted and reviewed by an editorial team consisting of practitioners from the community. Make sure your abstract contains the following information:
- Key insights you will present, or takeaways for the audience.
- Overall flow of the content.
You must submit links to videos of talks you have delivered in the past, or record and upload a two-min self-recorded video explaining what your talk is about, and why is it relevant for JSFoo: VueDay.
You must also submit links to the following along with your proposal:
- A detailed outline, or
- Mindmap, explaining the structure of the talk, or
- Draft slides.
Honorarium for selected speakers; travel grants:
Selected speakers and workshop instructors will receive an honorarium of Rs. 3,000 for speaking at the conference. Confirmed speakers and instructors also get a pass to the conference. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
We try to offer travel grants to:
- Creators of original projects/work that has wide adoption in the community.
- Women and persons of non-binary gender who are selected to speak at the conference.
JSFoo: VueDay 2019 is funded through ticket sales and sponsorships. Travel grants will vary accordingly.
For more information about speaking write to email@example.com
Bhuvana Meenakshi (@bhuvanakotees1)