About JSFoo: VueDay
JSFoo: Vueday is a single track conference about VueJS. The conference will feature talks on:
- The present state of the Vue ecosystem; about the future of Vue and how developers can participate.
- Case studies of why organizations have picked VueJS over other frameworks; how to build enterprise-scale apps with VueJS.
- Leveraging Vue CLI, customising Vue configuration and leveraging other aspects of VueJS for developer productivity.
- Web components and Vue; reactivity in Vue; building plugins.
Speakers from Zomato, Myntra, Flock, Zeta Zoomcar, Cloudnaut Technologies and other companies will share their experiences of working with different aspects of VueJS, and how VueJS has aided front-end development in their organizations.
Who should attend VueDay:
JSFoo: VueDay is a conference for front-end developers who are:
- Working with VueJS
- Working with Angular, React and other frameworks and components, and are interested in understanding VueJS
- Building enterprise-scale apps
- Front-end engineering managers who want to understand developer productivity with VueJS
Date: Friday, 30 August
Venue: Bangalore International Centre (BIC), Domlur, Bangalore
Time: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Building plugins for Vue and Vuex
Having built two popular Vuex plugins (
vuex-persist), I figured there are often pieces of our app that we reuse over and over again, and building a plugin for Vue or Vuex is idea for such situations. We will take a quick look at what are the steps respectively to build a plugin for Vue itself, or it’s data library Vuex.
- What are plugins ?
- How are they used (Vue) ?
- How are they used (Vuex) ?
- Wiring up your own plugin (Vue)
- Wiring up you own plugin (Vuex)
- When to make a plugin vs simple npm module
- Basic understanding of Vue and Vuex
- Having worked on at least one Vue project
Arnav currently leads the Mobile Platform team at Zomato which keeps the app lean, fit and stable. He also is the co-founder of Coding Blocks, a software bootcamp where he mentors people in Android, NodeJS and Vue. He has been a long time contributor to multiple open source projects including the Android OS, EmberJS, Vuex and LineageOS.