About JSFoo: VueDay
JSFoo: Vueday is a single track conference about VueJS. The conference will feature talks on:
- The present state of the Vue ecosystem; about the future of Vue and how developers can participate.
- Case studies of why organizations have picked VueJS over other frameworks; how to build enterprise-scale apps with VueJS.
- Leveraging Vue CLI, customising Vue configuration and leveraging other aspects of VueJS for developer productivity.
- Web components and Vue; reactivity in Vue; building plugins.
Speakers from Zomato, Myntra, Flock, Zeta Zoomcar, Cloudnaut Technologies and other companies will share their experiences of working with different aspects of VueJS, and how VueJS has aided front-end development in their organizations.
Who should attend VueDay:
JSFoo: VueDay is a conference for front-end developers who are:
- Working with VueJS
- Working with Angular, React and other frameworks and components, and are interested in understanding VueJS
- Building enterprise-scale apps
- Front-end engineering managers who want to understand developer productivity with VueJS
Date: Friday, 30 August
Venue: Bangalore International Centre (BIC), Domlur, Bangalore
Time: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Webpack + Vue Loader : Recipe for supercharged Vue
When building ambitious single page applications, it is apt to leverage Vue’s official CLI for quick scaffolding and other useful tools. Vue calls it a “batteries-included build setups for a modern frontend workflow”.
This talk will focus on what this modern frontend workflow has to offer and the ways to configure it.
In this talk, we’ll be taking a closer look at webpack and vue-loader, 2 tools from the Vue CLI’s tooling ecosystem.
Some of the key points to be covered in this talk:
- The need for Vue CLI
- Tweaking webpack config
- Vue Loader
- Handling assets and pre-processors
- Scoped CSS
- CSS Modules
- Functional Components
- Hot reload
- More features
- Vue.js basics
- Interest in building large Vue.js apps
- Familiarity with build tools and loaders is a plus
I am Hemant Rai, full stack JS developer and front end lead at Cloudnaut Technologies. During my 8 years as a developer I’ve worked across the dev stack and have been focusing on the front-end for more than 4 years. I started as a PHP developer working mostly on the back-end but switched to the JS stack around 4 years ago. On the front-end, I started with AngularJS and have been building Vue.js apps for more than 3 years.