About JSFoo: VueDay
JSFoo: Vueday is a single track conference about VueJS. The conference will feature talks on:
- The present state of the Vue ecosystem; about the future of Vue and how developers can participate.
- Case studies of why organizations have picked VueJS over other frameworks; how to build enterprise-scale apps with VueJS.
- Leveraging Vue CLI, customising Vue configuration and leveraging other aspects of VueJS for developer productivity.
- Web components and Vue; reactivity in Vue; building plugins.
Speakers from Zomato, Myntra, Flock, Zeta Zoomcar, Cloudnaut Technologies and other companies will share their experiences of working with different aspects of VueJS, and how VueJS has aided front-end development in their organizations.
Who should attend VueDay:
JSFoo: VueDay is a conference for front-end developers who are:
- Working with VueJS
- Working with Angular, React and other frameworks and components, and are interested in understanding VueJS
- Building enterprise-scale apps
- Front-end engineering managers who want to understand developer productivity with VueJS
Date: Friday, 30 August
Venue: Bangalore International Centre (BIC), Domlur, Bangalore
Time: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Building a Realtime Collaborative Vue.js App using GraphQL
This tutorial will be about building a realtime todo app in Vue.js using GraphQL. The audience would be provided a ready-made GraphQL API endpoint and a boilerplate UI in Vue.js to get started. Using this, they will be integrating Apollo Client and all the functionalities of the app using GraphQL queries, mutations and subscriptions.
This tutorial will cover the fundamentals of GraphQL and the tooling required to implement GraphQL in Vue.js apps.
Key concepts and takeaways of this tutorial would be
- Introduction to GraphQL (Queries, Mutations, Subscriptions)
- Setting up GraphQL Client with Vue Apollo
- Integrating GraphQL queries in your Vue app
- Making use of Variables in Mutations
- Learning how to update local cache using Apollo
- Optimistic updates to local state in the Vue app
- Using subscriptions in Vue components
- Realtime feed with notification style UI
- Testing Auth and Permissions
By the end of this tutorial, the audience would have built a realtime todo app in Vue and would have learnt the key concepts and patterns behind building a Vue app with GraphQL.
Laptop, with Node.js 8+ and npm/yarn installed along with access to internet.