About JSFoo: VueDay
JSFoo: Vueday is a single track conference about VueJS. The conference will feature talks on:
- The present state of the Vue ecosystem; about the future of Vue and how developers can participate.
- Case studies of why organizations have picked VueJS over other frameworks; how to build enterprise-scale apps with VueJS.
- Leveraging Vue CLI, customising Vue configuration and leveraging other aspects of VueJS for developer productivity.
- Web components and Vue; reactivity in Vue; building plugins.
Speakers from Zomato, Myntra, Flock, Zeta Zoomcar, Cloudnaut Technologies and other companies will share their experiences of working with different aspects of VueJS, and how VueJS has aided front-end development in their organizations.
Who should attend VueDay:
JSFoo: VueDay is a conference for front-end developers who are:
- Working with VueJS
- Working with Angular, React and other frameworks and components, and are interested in understanding VueJS
- Building enterprise-scale apps
- Front-end engineering managers who want to understand developer productivity with VueJS
Date: Friday, 30 August
Venue: Bangalore International Centre (BIC), Domlur, Bangalore
Time: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Ember and Vue: A Real World Comparison
With the recent changes to the frameworks (Latest Vue and Ember Octane edition), they share a lot of things and started to utilize native platform features such as ES Classes, decorators, etc., So In this talk, We’ll build a real world application in Both Vue and Ember (side by side) and visualize how simple to use the knowledge gained from one framework can be applied to another. The key takeaway would be confidence in learning a new Framework, Ember without much friction as a Vue developer.
- Why we choose Vue
- What is Ember
- What’s a deal with Ember for a Vue Developer
Live Coding (Both Framework)
- Creation of Projects
- Creating Route/Page
- Creating Component
- Design Components using various framework features
- Computed Props, Watchers
- Event Listeners
- and more…
- Managing State
- Deploying (if time permits)
PS: Shared slides of a previous presentation at AwesomeConf, where I built a simple component to visualize these changes. Now, we’ll be building a fairly real worl application.
- Intermediate knowledge of Vue framework as we’ll be building the app with that assumption
- No prior Ember knowledge required.
Here is a Chennai based frontend developer working at Zoho Corp. I build stuff using Ember.js and Vue.js. I love creating browser extensions. Curious about Web Performance. Also, helping in maintaining https://ember-twiddle.com