See videos from previous editions of JSFoo here: https://hasgeek.tv/jsfoo
The 2019 edition is a single-track event with talks (in auditorium 1), Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions and round tables at the NIMHANS Convention Centre.
The theme for JSFoo 2019 is component architecture. Your web applications these days are typically composed of multiple components such as React, Angular, Vue, Ember and, others. We’d therefore like to hear talks about:
- How do you architect applications with numerous components? What complexities arise in the process? How do you mitigate these complexities?
- Case studies about apps that have two components for front-end. Is your app’s front-end architected with Angular and Vue, for example? In which case, how does front-end and backend technology work? Tell us more.
- What is the workflow, process and organization of web development teams working on apps that have multiple components?
Talks on component architecture will form the core of JSFoo talks for the first session, on both the days. Apart from this, we are accepting talks on:
- Best practices: debugging and profiling on the web, testing, measuring performance.
- JS off the web – conversational UI, Raspberry Pi, IoT, JS and music.
Who attends JSFoo:
JSFoo is a conference for practitioners, by practitioners. The following profiles attend JSFoo:
- Working on apps, websites and services which make use of JS or related technologies.
- Those engineering or developing front end technology
- Senior software developers
- Fullstack engineers
- Those interested in learning about web application security
JSFoo 2019 sponsors:
For tickets and sponsorships, contact email@example.com or call +91-7676332020. For queries about proposing talks, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Constraint Driven DevelopmentSince the context is around four refactorings, the talk is also made up of as many sections. Migrating from Neo4j to PostgreSQL. (8 minutes) Changing primary keys from UUID to Integer while maintaining referential integrity. (7 minutes) Moving from a “shared and federated data” model to multi-tenant like “shared nothing” model. (8 minutes) Getting rid of a join-table in the most central relationship in the app, and using triggers in conjunction with constraints to being reliability into the process. (7 minutes) Apart from talking about constraints, I will also touch upon “adjacent” principles that were a part of this process, such as idempotency, iterative development, and testability. Intro and conclusion together: ~5 minutes. Buffer time for adjustments: ~5 minutes.
Enhancing Nodejs apps outcomes with Kubernetes and CI/CDIn era of Agile Software development, when deploying applications most of the teams usually face a challenge between Dev and Ops because these two departments make the same application, but work completely in different ways. Let’s see how with Devops they work together without any misunderstandings and deploy NodeJS application on Kubernetes with CI/CD and result get benefits like shorten time to market, streamlined process, great user experience, less risky releases, less downtime and many more.
Jagadish Kasi, Neehar Venugopal
Birds of Feather (BOF) session: On optimizing code and processes for full stack JS teams
Neelu Tripathy, Lavakumar Kuppan, Riyaz Walikar
Birds of Feather (BOF) session: On DevSecOps for front-end engineering
Ritesh Pillai, Umang Galaiya
Birds of Feather (BOF) session: On exepriences using SvelteJS and why to choose it