This workshop is for software developers who want to build production-ready user interfaces with ReasonML, React, and ReasonReact.
Who should attend this workshop:
- Back-end web developers and systems programmers who want to be able to build web applications end-to-end.
- Experienced front-end developers who want to super charge their craft by building robust user interfaces with types, functional programming, and ReasonML.
Learning outcomes of this workshop include:
- Recognize fundamental UI patterns independent of frameworks
- Make invalid UI states impossible
- Build beautiful interfaces without a designer
- Production-grade functional programming
- Understand Hindley-Milner based type system of ReasonML
Background knowledge requirements:
The only requirement is that you should have programmed full-time for at least one year.
Software installation requirements:
- You must bring a laptop with at least 4GB of RAM – Windows/Linux/Mac – and either Chrome or Firefox installed.
- You have to setup your machine with
npm. Instructions are at https://nodejs.org/en/download/package-manager/
- Set up a ReasonReact/Bucklescript project by running these commands (steps from https://reasonml.github.io/reason-react/docs/en/installation#bucklescript):
npm install --global bs-platform bsb -init my-react-app -theme react-hooks cd my-react-app && npm install && npm start # in another tab npm run webpack
- Install VSCode which will be used for the workshop.
- Also install the VSCode Reason plugin, which provides type hints and code formatting support.
Software installation should be complete before attending the workshop. Additional time will not be allotted during the workshop to complete installation.
About the instructors:
Sherin and Jasim are programmers with over a decade’s experience in building software across the stack. We build Protoship Codegen - a tool that converts vector designs into responsive HTML & CSS. Sherin and Jasim have been writing Reason/OCaml and ReasonReact professionally for over two years and have used it to build rich web applications, API endpoints, and extensions for Sketch and Adobe XD. We’ve helped build RubyMonk, created learn-reasonml-workshop, and have trained programmers in Reason both online and through in-person workshops.
Date: Sunday, 29 September
Time: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Venue: The Terrace @ Hasura, 3rd floor, Building No 37/38, SBI Colony, 80 Feet Rd, 3rd Block, Koramangala - 560034
Workshop Venue Partner
If you have queries, call JSFoo on 7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org