Rust India November meet-up; hands-on workshop with Red Badger Rust India November meet-up is tomorrow - Saturday 18 November - http://has.gy/RIQ9 more
On 23 July 2022, Rootconf held a Birds of Feather discussion on whether Rust language is ready for adoption in enteprises at India FOSS 2.0 conference. The discussion showed that the question must be inverted - are Indian startups and enteprises ready for adopting Rust language? This Mini Conference will look at the following problem statements:
- “We want to build with Rust, what do we need to know” - for businesses and developers who will want to use Rust to develop solutions for specific use cases, what should they want to be aware of before they commit to this journey?
- “Designing things with Rust language” - exploring components and technical details of Rust language with a focus on building things. For e.g. connected mesh of internet of things, integrating Rust with other languages, monitoring dashboards, search engines, embedded systems, distributed systems and WASM.
- “Wait up! What about security and all the related topics” - evaluating software supply chain security, project stewardship, evolution of the language, tools and documentation, speed/memory related shaping and benchmarking, support for libraries.
- “Where are the Rust language jobs around us” - addressing the topic of growing the community to create a viable and long-term talent pool for businesses to acquire confidence while investing on their Rust language journey.
The Call for Proposals (CfP) is open. Talks will be curated by the conference editor, Rajasekharan Vengalil to fit the theme and sub topics.
In-person conference: This Mini Conference will be held on Friday, 2 December, at Microsoft Reactor, Lavelle Road, Bangalore. This is an in-person event. Register to participate in the event.
Code of Conduct: Hasgeek’s Code of Conduct applies to participants, speakers and sponsors participating in this Mini Conference.
COVID protocols and masking policy: In keeping with COVID protocols, the following is applicable to all participants:
- Participants attending in person must keep their vaccination certificate handy. The venue will ask you to show your vaccination certificate as proof of being fully vaccinated.
- Wearing masks is optional.
Purchase a subscription to support Rootconf’s community activities on hasgeek.com and to access archives.