Why React is not suitable for building rich-text editors?
In this talk, we will be discussing about why React might not be a good idea to build rich text editors. We will also look in Substance.io (a JS library for building web based editors).
The takeaway from the talk is to learn about “What goes into”, and the “How to” for build web-based content editors.
- The paradigms of rich-text editors.
- How views are rendered using states in React.
- Why React will not work for rich text editing.
- Introduction to Substance.io
- Substance’s way of managing synchronous updates.
I am a software engineer working at typeset.io who loves working on Frontend.