##About the event
After a successful first edition in Bangalore, ReactFoo travels to Pune. ReactFoo Pune will focus on the following topics:
- Success and failure stories of implementing React and React Native for your use-case.
- Lessons learned in shifting codebase from older frameworks to React.
- Comparative advantages of React and other JS frameworks.
ReactFoo Pune is an event for practitioners, by practitioners.
We invite developers and architects from large and small organizations to share their stories and insights with the community.
ReactFoo Pune is a two-day event with:
- Hands-on workshops on 19 January.
- Single track of talks and Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions on 20 January.
30-40 participants will be admitted to each workshop. Workshop tickets have to be purchased separately. Workshops will be announced shortly.
##Who should attend
- JS engineers from enterprises.
- JS engineers from startups.
- Cross-platform mobile developers.
- To learn from and network with peers from the industry.
- To gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work.
- To program better with React and React Native.
Proposals will be shortlisted and reviewed by an editorial team consisting of practitioners from the community. Make sure your abstract contains the following information:
- Key insights you will present, or takeaways for the audience.
- Overall flow of the content.
You must submit links to videos of talks you have delivered in the past, or record and upload a two-min self-recorded video explaining what your talk is about, and why is it relevant for this event.
Also consider submitting links to the following along with your proposal:
- A detailed outline, or
- Mindmap, explaining the structure of the talk, or
- Draft slides.
##Honorarium for selected speakers; travel grants
Selected speakers and workshop instructors will receive an honorarium of Rs. 3,000 each, at the end of their talk. Confirmed speakers and instructors also get a pass to the conference. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
Owing to a tight budget, we will not be able to offer travel grants or accommodation for this event.
ReactFoo Pune conference – 19 January, 2018.
ReactFoo Pune hands-on workshops – 20 January, 2018.
Last date for submissions - 7 December, 2017.
For more information about speaking, ReactFoo, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020.
Proposals that will be evaluated will focus on personal experiences with React from a first person perspective. We’re looking for talks that will expand on reasons for decisions made to implement React, stumbling points before and after having done so, successes or failure faced with React, etc. Instructional talks exploring new features and how-to talks are not going to be a part of this edition of the conference.
Idiot-proof coding with Typescript and React
Typescript has been gaining a lot of traction in the last couple of years as seen from the Stackoverflow Developer survey 2017, Angular 2 embracing Typescript and integrating it closely with the ecosystem etc. This talk is about
- Typescript and why use it.
- Who are using typescript and what does the JS community have to say about it.
- React-Redux-webpack stack with Typescript
- Linting with TSLINT and integration with VSCode
- Auto completion, refactoring and navigation with typescript.
- Breif introduction to typescript in server side (NodeJs) for full stack development.
- Typescript best practices
Introduction to typescript
What is it and why use it
Latest updates from the community
Setting up React-Redux-Webpack with Typescript
Demo: Create a simple login component with Typescript
Demonstrate best coding practices with typescript by creating interfaces for component state and props first, then proceeding to the code.
Cover features like auto completion, code navigation.
Demo: Create typescript interfaces for reducers, action etc and integrate with login component.
Demo: Add TSlint to the project and integrate with VS Code.
Demo: Refactor the login form
Demonstrate how typescript helps to refactor code, reduce development time and improve code quality.
Demo: Typescript in Nodejs
Full stack development has become a norm in the industry these days. This demo will show how easy it is to code with typescript across the stack.
When and how to create global interface, overriding interfaces etc.
Senior Software Engineer and a founding memeber at Velotio Technologies. Arjun leads multiple projects in the SAAS and Chat-Bots domain and works with technologies like NodeJs, ReactJs, BotKit, RASA NLU (Natural language understanding). Arjun has also worked extensively in the Infrastructure space with tools like Chef, Docker and kubernetes and has played a key role in helping many corporates migrate their legacy app to micro services based architecture.