Selected Talks for PyConf Hyderabad 2017 have been announced. Please Check the Confirmed Proposals section for the Selected Talks
Following are the guidelines for proposal submission
- Please mention type of Proposal as given below in the Title of the Proposal.
- The proposal should have an objective with clear expectation for the audience.
- The Proposal description should be short and to the point.
- The proposal should have proper prerequisites like environment setup, library version.
- No proposal will be selected without a link to appropriate session content like presentation, pdf, code snippets etc.
- Proposal content should adhere to code of conduct.
- Proposal content links can be updated later.
- Proposal content shouldn’t have a company name throughout the content. Mention of the employer is allowed only at the beginning of the content (presentation/pdf).
- Background image/wallpaper shouldn’t contain company name/logos.
- For any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have three kind of Proposals - General Talks, Lightning Talks and Workshops. Please mention the Proposal type in the Title of the Proposal. Give a Title like Proposal Type : Proposal Title
These are the traditional talk sessions scheduled during the first day of conference. They will be conducted on Day 2 of Conference, Sunday, 8th Oct. The length of these tracks are 45 minutes.
These are short length talks that will be conducted on Day 2 of Conference, Sunday, 8th Oct. The time limit is 5 minutes. But we can extend it depending on number of talks submitted.
As with the talks, we are looking for Workshops that can grow this community at any level. We aim for Workshops that will advance Python, advance this community, and shape the future. Each session runs for 6 full hours plus a break for lunch. There will be 2 workshops going parallely on Day 1 of Conference, Saturday, 7th Oct in the same venue that hosts the main conference. Workshop I is aimed for Begineers while Workshop II is a Advaced Session aimed for Professionals.
These will be the themes and topics
- Core Python and Python 3 features
- Concurrent and Asynchronous programming in Python
- Data Science and Analysis
- Web Development
- Python and IOT
- Functional Programming
- Artificial Intelligence
- Continuous integration and Deployment
- Scientific Computing
- Cloud computing with Python
- 31st August, 2017 : Deadline for Proposal Submission
- 16th September, 2017 : Talk selection and announcement
General Talks: DRY your Django APIs
Your Django APIs start small and grow into a mess unless checked in time. This talk is how we can keep those APIs clean and small even with huge number of methods and classes using some sort of architecture. This is aimed at both the beginner and intermediate level of Django developers.
I will be covering both REST Framework Views and basic Django Views using templates.
We keep having existential checks for every API that requires some data. Also sometimes we have to check for data type. We can cut down on these lines of code.
This is about giving proper error messaging. Its more than having a strings file where we pass the same string. How about having to write the exception handling only once and forget about it.
This is more of a personal experience of structuring that helped me. This is not necesarrily the only way.
Cleaner DB operations
Db APIs should raise Errors and they should be handled in a clean way so as to maintain uniformity across APIs.
I work for an organization called Credy where we have implemented the things mentioned in this talk and I am part of a team that implemented this and part of the whole idea of implementation as well. I have been working professionally on Django/Python since 2015 and I am aware of some of the problems that this talk solves.