[General Talks]: Practicing Continuous Integration and Deployment with Jenkins 2 Pipeline and Python
Jenkins 2.x is equipped with the capabilities to create pipeline-as-code. Pipeline suite of plugins has opened up a multitude of possibilities, like, enhancing the collaborative workflow model that DevOps demands, treating CI/CD as code. Talk would introduce the audience to Jenkins Pipeline (scripted) with the aid of simple deployment model in the cloud. It would appeal to those who are key movers and shakers in Software delivery: DevOps Engineers, Build and Release Managers.
- Pipeline introduction
- Basic Pipeline steps
- Tips to start writing Pipeline code
- In a sample Jenkins project, show usage of steps
- Construct a simple build flow to showcase power of Pipeline
Ram has about two and a half decades of work experience in systems management, continuous integration, mainline health monitoring, release management, tools automation in various industry domains, like, mobile, semiconductor, cybersecurity, and networking. Over the years, I have worked on different types of projects thus accumulating whole set of good practices from both technical and processes aspect. And, I talk will try to integrate some of those practices as part of the demo.
- Introduction to Pipeline: https://www.slideshare.net/RamanathanMuthaiah/jenkins-pipeline-gentle-introduction
- Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ramanathan-muthaiah-6574352/