Selected Talks for PyConf Hyderabad 2017 have been announced. Please Check the Confirmed Proposals section for the Selected Talks
Guidelines for Proposal Submission
Following are the guidelines for proposal submission
- Please mention type of Proposal as given below in the Title of the Proposal.
- The proposal should have an objective with clear expectation for the audience.
- The Proposal description should be short and to the point.
- The proposal should have proper prerequisites like environment setup, library version.
- No proposal will be selected without a link to appropriate session content like presentation, pdf, code snippets etc.
- Proposal content should adhere to code of conduct.
- Proposal content links can be updated later.
- Proposal content shouldn’t have a company name throughout the content. Mention of the employer is allowed only at the beginning of the content (presentation/pdf).
- Background image/wallpaper shouldn’t contain company name/logos.
- For any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have three kind of Proposals - General Talks, Lightning Talks and Workshops. Please mention the Proposal type in the Title of the Proposal. Give a Title like Proposal Type : Proposal Title
These are the traditional talk sessions scheduled during the first day of conference. They will be conducted on Day 2 of Conference, Sunday, 8th Oct. The length of these tracks are 45 minutes.
These are short length talks that will be conducted on Day 2 of Conference, Sunday, 8th Oct. The time limit is 5 minutes. But we can extend it depending on number of talks submitted.
As with the talks, we are looking for Workshops that can grow this community at any level. We aim for Workshops that will advance Python, advance this community, and shape the future. Each session runs for 6 full hours plus a break for lunch. There will be 2 workshops going parallely on Day 1 of Conference, Saturday, 7th Oct in the same venue that hosts the main conference. Workshop I is aimed for Begineers while Workshop II is a Advaced Session aimed for Professionals.
Themes and Topics
These will be the themes and topics
- Core Python and Python 3 features
- Concurrent and Asynchronous programming in Python
- Data Science and Analysis
- Web Development
- Python and IOT
- Functional Programming
- Artificial Intelligence
- Continuous integration and Deployment
- Scientific Computing
- Cloud computing with Python
- 31st August, 2017 : Deadline for Proposal Submission
- 16th September, 2017 : Talk selection and announcement
General Talks: Build a chatbot from scratch using open-source tools
This talk will show you how you could use open-source tools to build a chatbot without handing your data over to third parties (Facebook/Microsoft/Google,etc.)
You will learn:
- how a chatbot works behind the scene
- how to transfer knowledge to a chatbot
- how to build a production-ready bot which you would own completely
- how to use Socket.IO to allow real-time communication with your chatbot.
- Introduction: motivations for building your bot in-house
- Chatbot architecture.
- Understanding the components of chatbot -
- Natural Language Understanding (NLU)
- Intent Classification
- Entity Extraction
- contextual dialogue management using Finite State Machines (FSM)
- Response Generation
- Knowledge Base
- Natural Language Understanding (NLU)
- How to use Open Source Tools to build your own chatbot:
Basic knowledge of NLP and Machine Learning.
Basic understanding of Finite State Machines.
Familiarity with Python.
Saikat Kumar Dey - I am a Data Scientist at Endurance International Group. I have been working on building a conversational assistant for Customer Support in my company. I have worked on customer segmentation & retention efforts in the past.
Parth Savjani - Associate Data Scientist at Endurance International Group India
More than 3 years of experience working with Data related field ranging from Data-warehouse to predictive modelling on transaction data, postgraduate from IIIT Bangalore with Data Science major.
- Personal website: http://saikatkumardey.com
- Medium: https://medium.com/@saikatkumardey
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/deysaikatkumar
- Github: https://github.com/saikatkumardey/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/saikatkumardey/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/parthsavjani/