Scaling test automation for mobile apps and exploring Continuous Integration
Submitted by Pooja Shah (@p00j4) on Wednesday, 21 January 2015
Section: Application Design – full talk Technical level: Intermediate
- Parameters to check to ensure the quality of app across platforms & across browsers
- Is taking multiple releases live daily a pain, especially when scalability is of concern! Come, lets hear the challenges we faced @goibibo & watch live demo of what we did and doing resolve them.
Mobile is taking over the world and my app works awesomely on Android :-)
wait a second! OMG! it breaks on iPad !!!
1. Where are our Automated Tests which can test on web & mobile cross platform/browser before a release goes live?
2. Can Unit Tests alone make sure to have the app working on android 4.4.4, 3.0, ios & windows as well?
3. Won’t the backend release going live hamper my front end app which is already in appstore from a month ?
4. Where is the plan to reduce Time To market?
5. Where is the Continuous Integration, is Jenkins helpful?