JSFoo is in its ninth edition this year. Talks at JSFoo 2019 will cover the following topics:
- Component architecture – how different web components have been stitched together to build apps; outcomes on UI and performance as a result of architecture choices
- Deployment practices for front-end and how Kubernetes and CI/CD fall into this picture
- Developer experience (DX)
- Functional programming paradigms: ReasonML and ClojureScript
- Privacy and Content Security Policy (CSP)
- New developments such as SvelteJS
Speakers from Razorpay, CloudCherry, Myntra, Innovaccer, GitLab, Microsoft, Atlassian and Gramener will share their work and learnings on these topics.
Who should attend JSFoo:
JSFoo is a conference for practitioners, by practitioners. JSFoo 2019 is a conference for:
- Front-end engineers
- Senior software developers
- Team leaders and engineering managers
- Fullstack developers
- InfoSec professionals
##JSFoo 2019 details:
Dates: 27 and 28 September
Venue: NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bangalore
The following workshops have been curated for before and after the conference:
For inquiries about conference tickets, workshop tickets and any other details, call JSFoo on 7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JSFoo 2019 sponsors:
For tickets and sponsorships, contact email@example.com or call +91-7676332020. For queries about proposing talks, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn to build robust user interfaces using ReasonML, React, and ReasonReact
Details of this workshop are published here: https://hasgeek.com/jsfoo/2019-reasonml-workshop/
You should attend this workshop if:
you are a back-end web developer or a systems programmer who want to be able to build web applications end-to-end.
or if you are an experienced front-end developer who want to supercharge your craft by building robust user interfaces with types, functional programming, and ReasonML.
- Recognize fundamental UI patterns independent of frameworks
- Make invalid UI states impossible
- Build beautiful interfaces without a designer
- Production-grade functional programming
- Understand Hindley-Milner based type system of ReasonML
- Introduction to Reason, static types, and functional programming
- Introduction to React & ReasonReact for building user interfaces
- Implementing a design system
- Implementing fundamental UI patterns
- You should have programmed full time for at least one year
- You need to bring a laptop computer with at least 4gb of RAM, Windows/Linux/Mac, and either Chrome or Firefox installed.
- You need to setup your machine with
npm. Instructions are at https://nodejs.org/en/download/package-manager/
- You need to setup a ReasonReact/Bucklescript project by running these commands (steps from https://reasonml.github.io/reason-react/docs/en/installation#bucklescript):
npm install --global bs-platform bsb -init my-react-app -theme react-hooks cd my-react-app && npm install && npm start # in another tab npm run webpack
- You need to have VSCode installed which we’ll be using for the workshop. You also need to install the VSCode Reason plugin, which provides type hints and code formatting support.
Sherin and Jasim are programmers with over a decade’s experience in building software across the stack. We build Protoship Codegen - a tool that converts vector designs into responsive HTML & CSS. We’ve been writing Reason/OCaml and ReasonReact professionally for over two years and have used it to build rich web applications, API endpoints, and extensions for Sketch and Adobe XD. We’ve helped build RubyMonk, created learn-reasonml-workshop, and have trained programmers in Reason both online and through in-person workshops.