As Ryan Dahl (creator of NodeJS) said once in his talk:
“You can never understand everything. But, you should continuously push yourself to understand the system.”
So what better way could be to understand a compiler than actually building one. One that’s super-simple, teeny-tiny, and explains all the concepts.
- Why we must attempt to learn about JS compilers?
- Uses of compilers today and at what scale are compilers integrated into our workflow.
- How compilers are improving the Developer Experience (DX) for us.
- Possibilities that come with the understanding of compilers
- Answer to “Can we understand and build compilers? Isn’t that something for computer scientists and geeks?”
- Understanding the structure of JS compilers
- Building a 250loc compiler that compiles ES6
importstatement to ES5 CommonJS
Yatharth is Design Systems and Frontend Architect at PushOwl. He holds great love for everything computer science. Especially algorithms, compressions, performance and understanding all things “under-the-hood”. When not around computers, find him playing classical piano.