JSFoo is in its ninth edition this year. Talks at JSFoo 2019 will cover the following topics:
- Component architecture -- how different web components have been stitched together to build apps; outcomes on UI and performance as a result of architecture choices
- Deployment practices for front-end and how Kubernetes and CI/CD fall into this picture
- Developer experience (DX)
- Functional programming paradigms: ReasonML and ClojureScript
- Privacy and Content Security Policy (CSP)
- New developments such as SvelteJS
Speakers from Razorpay, CloudCherry, Myntra, Innovaccer, GitLab, Microsoft, Atlassian and Gramener will share their work and learnings on these topics.
JSFoo is a conference for practitioners, by practitioners. JSFoo 2019 is a conference for:
- Front-end engineers
- Senior software developers
- Team leaders and engineering managers
- Fullstack developers
- InfoSec professionals
##JSFoo 2019 details:
Dates: 27 and 28 September
Venue: NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bangalore
The following workshops have been curated for before and after the conference:
For inquiries about conference tickets, workshop tickets and any other details, call JSFoo on 7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For tickets and sponsorships, contact email@example.com or call +91-7676332020. For queries about proposing talks, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Redis Cache and Beyond
According to Stack Overflow users, Redis has been ‘The Most Loved Database’ 3 years in a row. And it just celebrated 2 Billion Docker pulls from Docker Hub. But what makes Redis so popular? Could it be its 10 highly common data structures? Or nearly 300 optimized commands? Or is it because it’s so easy to use and operate? In this talk, Suyog Kale will share 10 common use cases, demo the 2 most popular use cases, and leave you with some impressive tricks that you probably haven’t thought of before.
- 10 Common Use Cases
- 10 Data Structures
- Why is Redis cache so popular?
- Demo: Nodejs code to show shopping cart sumary from MySQL; and Nodejs code to inject caching using Redis
- Redis for User Session Store - demo ExpressJS
- Redis as Persistence DB - Show how to save data to Redis before responding to page
- Closing demo - Leaderboard - Lets all play!
- Show URL to download your slides and code
This is not a workshop, but if attendees want to follow along, they should have Redis and nodejs installed on their laptop.
Suyog Kale is a Solutions Architect at Redis Labs. He has more than 15 years experience with services and product development companies. Suyog has used Redis on the job for the past 2 years to solve many different problems and says “I am in love with Redis”. He has a wife and lovely daughter who is in 2nd grade. He loves traveling, learning new things and to help the community.