The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
MetaConfig driven FeatureStore with Feature compute & Serving Platform powering Machine Learning @MakeMyTrip
Session type: Full talk of 40 mins
Developing Personalization platform for improving customer experience of millions of Indian travellers
- FeatureStore with Feature compute & Serving
- Why Feature Catalog cannot be an afterthought, Metadata analysis is Key to succeed in transforming development of pipelines with eye on Data Quality!
- Microservices is not only about services only its more about Data, we call it Data APIs
- Lessons learned from the Growth projects(personalization, wallet/discounting, Gamification
MakeMyTrip - India’s #1 online travel platform having more than 70% of the traffic from mobile apps embarked on a journey to revolutionize its customer experience by building a scalable, personalized, machine learning based platform which powers onboarding, in-funnel and post-funnel engagement flows, such as ranking, dynamic pricing, persuasions, cross-sell and propensity models.
For a company like MakeMyTrip, the next wave of consumer growth is driven and powered by data products for personalization, context-aware mobile experiences. Having a better data architecture to ingest user activity streams (events), processing and data APIs enable a foundation for real-time feature generation for machine learning models.
- Why common feature-store, removing dataset fragmentation caused by usecase-by-usecase approach!
- Productionizing ML via standardization : MetaConfigs & FeatureCatalog | Reducing Data-Tech Debt
- Developing Real-Time Serving store over Spark Streaming, Kafka, RocksDB, Akka HTTP Data APIs
- Lifecycle of feature generation | Online(Near Real-Time) & Historical(Batch) Compute
- Consistent Feature Engineering & Model Deployment for DSA: DataScience Automation
As Technology we leverage Kafka, Spark (Streaming, SQL), Scala, Python, AWS (S3, EMR, Glue and other services), DRUID, Hive, Presto, Cassandra, RocksDB, Redis, Akka HTTP
Head, Data Platform Engineering, MakeMyTrip
Serving as Director, Data Platform Engineering for India’s largest Online Travel Group (MakeMyTrip) with over a decade of experience in building large-scale high-performance systems and developing & architecting Data Products.
He has been part of the e-commerce Industry throughout his career in various technology leadership roles across different domains like comparison shopping, travel, marketplaces and managed teams in Website Operations, Security Operations & BigData.
In the past had co-founded startup Advisor Healthcare with a unique “Virtual Hospital” concept, based on marketplace model - where it enabled digital interactions between healthcare providers and patients.
Currently leading key strategic initiatives in data services/products for Personalization, context aware mobile experiences, Customer Segmentation and developing engagement platform over BigData systems.