The Fifth Elephant Winter edition starts at 9:30 am; live stream for members This update is for participants only
##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interpretable NLP Models
Session type: Tutorial
Deep learning models are always known to be a black box and lacks interpretability compared to traditional machine learning models. So,There is alway a hesitation in adopting deep learning models in user facing applications (especially medical applications). Recent progress in NLP with the advent of Attention based models , LIME and other techniques have helped to solve this. I would like to walkthough each of the techniques and share my experience in deploying explainable models in production.
1.Brief introduction on the importance of interpretability
2.Introduction to different interpretabilty techniques
2.1 Attention based models
2.3 Extraction based models
2.4 other techniques
3.Demo of the techniques.
No specific requirements.
I am Data scientist with a focus on NLP. I have first hand experience of facing problems occuring because of non intrepretability of deep learning models and also I have experience in deploying deep learning based NLP models from protype to production