The Fifth Elephant 2023 winter edition in Bangalore; membership announcement This update is for participants only
##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
Automated Catalogue Management and Image Quality Assessment using CNN and Deep Learning
Session type: Short talk of 20 mins
Catalogue management is a very important aspect in the field of ecommerce as it helps the visitors in efficiently selecting the necessary interest items. In every retail website, all the items in the catalogue are in a particular order and orientation of different categories whose manual grouping and ordering takes a lot of time. Secondly, image quality assessment plays a very important part in catalogue management since the quality of the images sent by the vendor are not always of adequate quality which when displayed on the website results in customer dissatisfaction.
In this work, we have developed an entire pipeline where the first task is to automatically classify the various orientations (front view, side view, top view etc.) of the images sent by the vendor using transfer learning. In the second part of our pipeline, we have eased the process of catalogue management with the image quality assessment of the vendor images using Structural similarity index and Deep learning techniques.
•Introduction on application of advanced analytics in Retail and at Walmart Labs
In this introductory session, main emphasis will be on the significance of Analytics in retail and e-commerce domain. (some examples).
•Research Problem to be presented -
1.Research Topic - Automated Catalog Management and Image Quality Assessment using Computer Vision and Deep Learning.
2.Business Problem In this section, the business problem will be discussed and why catalog management and image quality assessments are critical to business and how it can impact business.
3.Methodology and Analysis- This is the most important section as in this section, the algorithmic flow of the process will be discussed in details along with certain state of the art methodologies in Computer vision and image processing will also be illustrated.
4.Algorithms and Illustration with Python Implementation –
•Image Features and Attributes -The first step will be on extraction of image features like Histogram of oriented gradient based features, simple Fourier transformed features, Kernel PCA features etc.
•Advanced Feature Extraction and Deep Learning- This section will mainly focus on how advanced and much more informative features are being extracted from images using pre-trained Convolution Neural Network models.
•Image orientation Classification - This section will illustrate on how using the features extracted, image orientation classification is being done. Also, which machine learning models to use for the final classification will also be discussed.
•Image Quality Assessment - This section will be on a very important and research topic i.e. image quality assessment. It will focus on shortcomings of various normally used quality metric like MSE, SNR etc. and the primary shortcomings of the metric.
The metric Structural similarity index will be introduced with its advantages.
Conclusion on Image Quality Enhancement.
Basic knowledge of Machine Learning,Deep Learning, Computer Vision and Transfer Learning.
Currently working as a Statistical Analyst at Walmart Labs in International Sourcing domain. Selected as the Youngest Technical Speaker in the very prestigious Analytics Vidhya’s Data Hack Summit 2018 and Target Talks AI’2019.
I have over 5 US patents filed (as a part of Walmart Labs) in the field of AI and Machine Learning applications in Retail Domain.
I have also been a part of ANZ Bank, Tata Steel Research and Development and Petrabytes Corp. in the field of Data Science and research.
Current field of research interest lies in Deep Learning,Machine Learning,Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing.
Did my Masters from Indian Statistical Institute Bangalore (Batch Topper) and have publications in ISI Journal in the field of Multivariate Statistical Quality Control.(Technical Report)
Apart from that I have publications in the field of Advanced Recommender systems using Natural Language Processing ,Computer Vision and Mathematical Morphology , also an IEEE publication in Stability Analysis of Network Control System.
Did my graduation from Jadavpur University in the field of Electronics engineering and have worked as a research analytical engineer in Amec Foster Wheeler Pvt Ltd for 2 years and received special mention from Clients like Exxon Mobil.
- Data Hack Summit Analytics Vidhya Youngest Speaker :
- Target AI Speaker: