The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Developing a bot that can answer support queries and aid in decision making with analytics
Session type: Discussion Session type: Full talk of 40 mins
Responding to repetitive queries from customers can overload the support team. Developing the capability to handle such repetitive queries can significantly enhance the productivity of support agents and they can utilise their time in resolving problems that are more challenging and involved.
This talk will focus on the modelling approach that we at Freshworks took to develop a bot that has the ability to understand natural language, respond to customer messages and aid agents in understanding the kind of content that needs to be created to enable self service. In addition, we’ll also throw light on deployment and challenges involved in scaling a system such as this.
- Motivation - Why should this problem be solved
- Problem Statement - Definition of the end objective
- Modelling Methodology - An overview of the available data, ML algorithms and validation metrics that define success
- Deployment in Production - An overview of the pipelines for data extraction, training models, serving predictions and feedback consumption
- Challenges - scaling and dealing with streaming data
I joined the data science team of Freshworks in May 2018 and since then have been working on problems in the NLP space. Prior to this, I have experience of solving problems including risk modelling, churn modelling, life time customer value prediction, campaign analytics, creating networks from social data to decipher relationships and market mix modelling.