The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Crafting Better Data Pipelines - Some Ideas
Session type: Full talk of 40 mins
The adoption of distributed processing infrastructure heralded a new way of building data processing systems. Shifting to a more generic term, Data Pipelines (over legacy ETL), has helped elevate the architecture of data processing systems from being purely batch oriented to a more hybrid one combining batch, live and real-time elements.
With this shift still active, it is imperative that we raise the bar of engineering quality by distilling and adopting different approaches to commonly encountered data engineering problems. This talk will cover ideas that can be adopted by practitioners to develop simpler, more reliable and efficient data pipelines based on Hive, Spark, Flink, Airflow and other open source data engineering technologies.
Some of the idea/solitions that will be presented -
+ Incremental Processing in ETL Pipelines based on a Functional approach
+ Aggregate-as-you-join strategies for handling wide middles in data pipelines
+ Designing for Backfills and Data Corrections
+ Restream/Replay Queues for Managing Data Loss
+ Dealing with Stream-Table Duality
Srihari is a Solutions Architect at Cloudera. Prior to this he was the Technical Principal and a founding member of the Data Analytics practice at ThoughtWorks. He’s played several roles as developer, architect, Head of Technology at ThoughtWorks. He was also part of the Technology Advisory Board and CTO’s office at ThoughtWorks. He is quite passionate about distributed systems, databases & ML/AI Ops and blogs about them on www.systemswemake.com.