The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Journey to build Data Driven culture in the Startup Ecosystem - Why, How and What?
Session type: Short talk of 20 mins
The Startup Ecosystem is expanding and bringing innovative ideas to the market.
As these startups scale and build products and services that act as sensors to
collect huge amount of data, the key question that needs to answered for each
one of the startups is “how to make data useful for business?”. The presentation
will talk through an approach to start the data driven journey, caveats along the
way and provide a framework for thinking with clarity that is derived out of
o Scaling startups in the ecosystem
o Value of data science for scaling startups
Approach to data driven journey
Practical Examples from experience
o Categories of start-ups with examples based on type (B2B, B2C, 2-
sided marketplaces), scale, nature of decision making (batch vs real
o Domain agnostic data strategy approach for the examples
o Domain specific recipe for data architecture for the examples
Goda is one of the top minds in Data Science in India, having been ranked as one of “Top 10 Data Scientists in India” by Analytics India Magazine in 2018. She is currently driving the mission of making the startup ecosystem data-driven as General Manager, Data Science at xto10x. As Principal Data Scientist in Ola, for the last 2 years, she lead the machine learning and optimization algorithms behind pricing and matching. She worked at Sabre for 10 years before Ola on a variety of problems in Airline Pricing and Revenue Management. She holds an undergraduate and Masters degree from IIT Madras.