Lot has changed in the last 20 yrs. We have evolved from handcrafted server deployments to managing tens of thousands of devices programmatically, from monolithic architectures to distributed async-microservices, from waterfall to continuous delivery, from siloed culture to collaborative Dev*Ops culture and from hierarchical resource management to outcome-oriented structures.
Still, organisations & teams struggle to keep up. In this talk, we will explore why this happens and what organisations should do to build MUST required capabilities to run infrastructure operations at scale.
- History, 20 yrs of change!
- What does Infra-Ops Agility mean ?
- Why organisations & particularly ops teams struggle?
- What cultural, structural & skill aspects makes a great engineering org. ?
- How to manage priorities ?
A technology professional with 20 yrs experience in technical operations & engineering specializing in
- Product development with best practices for quality outcomes.
- IT infrastructure, Cloud, Production operations & Reliability engineering.
- DevOps & Automation.
- Bootstrapping teams / hiring great talent.
- Leading teams with autonomy and accountability.
At present, I consult in the IT Infrastructure & Operations Engineering, DevOps, Production Operations space to help organizations build high-quality technology platforms, reliable IT infrastructure, and mature DevOps/SRE/Operations teams.