About Rootconf Pune:
Rootconf Pune is a conference for:
- DevOps engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers (SRE)
- Security and DevSecOps professionals
- Software engineers
- Network engineers
The Pune edition will cover talks on:
- InfoSec and application security for DevOps programmers
- DNS and TLS 1.3
- SRE and distributed systems
- Containers and scaling
Speakers from Flipkart, Hotstar, Red Hat, Trusting Social, Appsecco, InfraCloud Technologies, among others, will share case studies from their experiences of building security, SRE and Devops in their organizations.
Two workshops will be held before and after Rootconf Pune:
- Full-day Prometheus training workshop on 20 September, conducted by Goutham V, contributor to Prometheus and developer at Grafana Labs. Details about the workshop are available here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019-prometheus-training-pune/
- Full-day DNS deep dive workshop on 22 September by Ashwin Murali: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019-dns-deep-dive-workshop-pune/
Rootconf Pune will be held on 21 September at St. Laurn Hotel, Koregaon Park, Pune-411001.
Rootconf Pune 2019 sponsors:
To know more about Rootconf, check out the following resources:
For information about the event, tickets (bulk discounts automatically apply on 5+ and 10+ tickets) and speaking, call Rootconf on 7676332020 or write to email@example.com
Technology Selection in Cloud Native Era
Open source has lead to an explosion in number of choices when it comes to technology and tooling. This abundance comes with the overhead of decision making and expecting that the decisions will be of value in future. When developing for a cloud native stack today - these choices can be mind boggling and at the same time may not solve all problems for given use case.
- There are many tools for cloud native development workflow - both for inner loop and outer loop of development.
- Many tools launched one year ago are not actively maintained anymore and risk of being outdated
- The new tools launched are almost a re-packaging of few of existing tools still leave a lot of desired functionality not available.
Vishal is an engineer focused on programmable & scalable infrastructure in his earlier roles and latest as a CTO at InfraCloud Technologies. He is a contributor to Fission - Serverless functions for Kubernetes, organizes “Pune Kubernetes & CNCF Meetup” and “Pune Serverless Meetup” every month and is a Google Developer expert (https://developers.google.com/experts/people/vishal-biyani). Oh and he likes books, cycle and natural/urban landscapes.