##About Rootconf Pune:
Rootconf Pune is a conference for:
- DevOps engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers (SRE)
- Security and DevSecOps professionals
- Software engineers
- Network engineers
The Pune edition will cover talks on:
- InfoSec and application security for DevOps programmers
- DNS and TLS 1.3
- SRE and distributed systems
- Containers and scaling
Speakers from Flipkart, Hotstar, Red Hat, Trusting Social, Appsecco, InfraCloud Technologies, among others, will share case studies from their experiences of building security, SRE and Devops in their organizations.
Two workshops will be held before and after Rootconf Pune:
- Full-day Prometheus training workshop on 20 September, conducted by Goutham V, contributor to Prometheus and developer at Grafana Labs. Details about the workshop are available here: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019-prometheus-training-pune/
- Full-day DNS deep dive workshop on 22 September by Ashwin Murali: https://hasgeek.com/rootconf/2019-dns-deep-dive-workshop-pune/
Rootconf Pune will be held on 21 September at St. Laurn Hotel, Koregaon Park, Pune-411001.
Rootconf Pune 2019 sponsors: #
##To know more about Rootconf, check out the following resources:
For information about the event, tickets (bulk discounts automatically apply on 5+ and 10+ tickets) and speaking, call Rootconf on 7676332020 or write to email@example.com
MUDPIPE - Malicious URL Detection for Phishing Identification and Prevention
Social engineering is one of the most dangerous threats facing every individual and modern organization. Phishing is a well-known, computer-based, social engineering technique. Attackers use disguised emails as a weapon to target large companies. Numerous fake websites have
been developed to mimic trusted websites, with the aim of stealing financial assets from users and organizations.
With the huge number of phishing emails received every day, companies are not able to detect all of them. That is why new techniques and safeguards are needed to defend against phishing. In the layered-security model, this is the next level of security control to deal with those emails that even manage to evade spam filtering gateway & also block undesired action when a user clicks on a malicious link.
Machine learning (ML) is a popular tool for data analysis and recently has shown promising results in combating phishing. This talk will explore the behind-the-scenes of phishing detection and walk thorugh the the steps required to build a machine learning-based solution to detect phishing attempts, using cutting-edge Python machine learning libraries.
- Introduction to Phishing & Social Engineering
- Threat actors and vectors in phishing exploitation attacks
- Determinants at play while evaluating website genuineness
- How to build your own Machine Learning Model for phishing detection
- Demo of an existing model and model evaluation
- Factors to be considered while deploying the model in production
Speaker bio #
Arjun is a security professional with diverse experience in architecting, designing, implementing & supporting IT Security & Vulnerability Management solutions in Enterprise & Cloud environments. He is an information security enthusiast with diverse experience in areas like Application Security, Security Architecture, DevSecOps, Cloud Security & Machine Learning. Currently, Arjun is currently working as a Security Architect ensuring end-to-end implementation, design and governance of security measures an e-commerce platform, aimed at brand protection and improving customer confidence. He is currently developing products that aid in phishing detection for the enterprise and ensure that defenses are in place to counter this threat.