About Rootconf Hyderabad:
Rootconf Hyderabad is a platform for:
- DevOps engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers (SRE)
- ML and data engineers
- Security and DevSecOps professionals
- Software engineers
to discuss real-world problems around:
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Data and AI engineering
- Distributed systems – observerability, microservices
- Implementing Infrastructure as Code
Speakers from Flipkart, Hotstar, Intuit, GO-JEK, MadStreetDen and Trusting Social will share their experiences with the above challenges.
Rootconf Hyderabad will be held at T-Hub, IIIT-Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500032
For bulk ticket purchases,sponsorship and other inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020
Rootconf Hyderabad 2019 sponsors:
For information about the event, tickets (bulk discounts automatically apply on 5+ and 10+ tickets) and speaking, call Rootconf on 7676332020 or write to email@example.com.
Great Expectations : Observability in asynchronous systems using temporal logic
This talk will focus on building observability across microservices.
The main focus will be on
1. Challenges faced while monitoring flows in asynchronous systems
2. Building on temporal logic constructs to verify system objectives
3. The concept of an expectation applied to detect failures in critical flows
- Challenges of monitoring asynchronous systems
- What is an expectation ?
- Parts of an expectation
- Basics of a state machine
- Basics of linear temporal logic
- How it all fits together
- Instrumenting the Expectation engine - with a description of components and reason for choice
- Variations of the basic expectation in context with real world examples
- Success stories where other monitoring systems would be insufficient
- Challenges faced and how we overcame them
To get the most out of the talk, experience in the following will help
1. Basic understanding and use of monitoring tools (Any kind).
2. Understanding of event sourcing
I work at Capillary as a Principal Engineer and am actively involved in scaling our platforms. For over a decade i’ve been working on systems at scale, watching many of them closely as they grow, trying to eliminate every last bit of inefficiency. In the process, i’ve built up a good understanding of systems and pros and cons of various monitoring tools and processes.
- An impromptu open talk i gave at Root Conf 2016 - https://youtu.be/PCrz3ghQAu4?t=28900