##About Rootconf Hyderabad:
Rootconf Hyderabad is a platform for:
- DevOps engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers (SRE)
- ML and data engineers
- Security and DevSecOps professionals
- Software engineers
to discuss real-world problems around:
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Data and AI engineering
- Distributed systems -- observerability, microservices
- Implementing Infrastructure as Code
Speakers from Flipkart, Hotstar, Intuit, GO-JEK, MadStreetDen and Trusting Social will share their experiences with the above challenges.
Rootconf Hyderabad will be held at T-Hub, IIIT-Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana - 500032
For bulk ticket purchases,sponsorship and other inquiries, contact email@example.com or call 7676332020
For information about the event, tickets (bulk discounts automatically apply on 5+ and 10+ tickets) and speaking, call Rootconf on 7676332020 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great Expectations : Observability in asynchronous systems using temporal logic
This talk will focus on building observability across microservices.
The main focus will be on
- Challenges faced while monitoring flows in asynchronous systems
- Building on temporal logic constructs to verify system objectives
- The concept of an expectation applied to detect failures in critical flows
- Challenges of monitoring asynchronous systems
- What is an expectation ?
- Parts of an expectation
- Basics of a state machine
- Basics of linear temporal logic
- How it all fits together
- Instrumenting the Expectation engine - with a description of components and reason for choice
- Variations of the basic expectation in context with real world examples
- Success stories where other monitoring systems would be insufficient
- Challenges faced and how we overcame them
To get the most out of the talk, experience in the following will help
- Basic understanding and use of monitoring tools (Any kind).
- Understanding of event sourcing
I work at Capillary as a Principal Engineer and am actively involved in scaling our platforms. For over a decade i’ve been working on systems at scale, watching many of them closely as they grow, trying to eliminate every last bit of inefficiency. In the process, i’ve built up a good understanding of systems and pros and cons of various monitoring tools and processes.
- An impromptu open talk i gave at Root Conf 2016 - https://youtu.be/PCrz3ghQAu4?t=28900