About ReactFoo Bangalore:
ReactFoo Bangalore comes back to its original home after completing five successful editions, India-wide:
- ReactFoo Bangalore - September 2017
- ReactFoo Pune - January 2018
- ReactFoo Hyderabad - March 2018
- ReactFoo Mumbai - May 2018
- ReactFoo Delhi - August 2018
ReactFoo Bangalore will bring together over 250 developers working with React, and who are invested in building a space for conversations around experiences using React in production.
ReactFoo Bangalore is a single-day, single track conference with talks, office hours and Birds of Feather(BoF) sessions. Workshops will be held on 1 and 3 March, before and after the conference.
Who should attend ReactFoo:
- Front-end engineers
- Teams and companies who are evaluating frameworks to use for running applications in production
- Cross platform mobile developers
ReactFoo provides you the opportunity to:
- Learn from and network with peers from the industry
- Gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work
- Understand how to run React in production, end-to-end, rather than only build an application with React
The ultimate guide for Software Procrastination
Software development is a process comprised of decisions made by the developers. But despite the the fact that some decisions can have a long-lasting, crippling effects on our app, we make most of them based on guesses.
But what if the best decision is indecision? What if You could postpone most of your decision until you gather enough facts in order to make the optimal one?
In this talk, we will learn why deferring decisions can result in a much better, simpler code base. We’ll see examples of decisions we think we have to take on day 1 of the project, yet, can (and should) be postponed and see how practices like Spikes and the right design of your application will allow that to happen.
Introduction - 5 minutes
The Why - 5 minutes
Examples of stuff that can be postponed - 5 minutes
Real Options - 5 minutes
Enablers: 5 minutes
The Cost: 5 minutes
Boris services as Tech Lead at Wix, working on products empowering over 120 million websites. During his career, Boris got a chance to work in companies of various sizes – from a garage-stage startup to a colossal corporate environment. Boris believes that a product’s internal code quality has a direct impact on its external quality – the business value the product gives the management and the product owner. That’s why he has an immense passion for well-written, highly maintainable, well-tested code.
- The talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB0C6BpO0Pg&t=71s
- React Kyiv, December 2018: “Improving Design One Word at a Time” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7wTlY4bJTg
- You Gotta Love Frontend 2017: “Front-End Engineering - You Are Holding It Wrong!” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E-7n6sfENE&list=PLII-CO3Ff0qYaPv6MvFsFzy8LSqPY6KOj&index=13