##About ReactFoo Bangalore:
ReactFoo Bangalore comes back to its original home after completing five successful editions, India-wide:
- ReactFoo Bangalore - September 2017
- ReactFoo Pune - January 2018
- ReactFoo Hyderabad - March 2018
- ReactFoo Mumbai - May 2018
- ReactFoo Delhi - August 2018
ReactFoo Bangalore will bring together over 250 developers working with React, and who are invested in building a space for conversations around experiences using React in production.
ReactFoo Bangalore is a single-day, single track conference with talks, office hours and Birds of Feather(BoF) sessions. Workshops will be held on 1 and 3 March, before and after the conference.
##Who should attend ReactFoo:
- Front-end engineers
- Teams and companies who are evaluating frameworks to use for running applications in production
- Cross platform mobile developers
ReactFoo provides you the opportunity to:
- Learn from and network with peers from the industry
- Gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work
- Understand how to run React in production, end-to-end, rather than only build an application with React
Basic State Management using React Hooks
Managing state for UI components in React until now has required a dependency on libraries like Redux. But for simple UI level state management React has introduced Hooks into React core.
Understand the basics of using state, side-effects and the Context API using React’s three basic Hooks (useState, useEffect and useContext).
Start with a look at the history of react state in React.
Talk about the 16.x releases from React in 2018 and how they were instrumental in setting Hooks up for success.
Cover functional components, talk about how they change the way we write components.
Walk through code required to use Hooks in React and show side by side comparisons of how we write class based components and how that syntax changes when we switch to Hooks.
Cover each basic React Hook
useContext in a demo that encompasses the use of them all.
Walk through the code in a live demo.
Optionally with enough time I can talk about
useReducer an advanced React Hook.
Their brain only.
Eric Bishard is a Developer Advocate working with KendoReact at Progress Software. As a software engineer, he has experience building web based applications with a focus on components for user interfaces in frameworks like Angular and React. Feel free to connect with Eric (@httpJunkie) on Twitter!