About ReactFoo Bangalore:
ReactFoo Bangalore comes back to its original home after completing five successful editions, India-wide:
- ReactFoo Bangalore - September 2017
- ReactFoo Pune - January 2018
- ReactFoo Hyderabad - March 2018
- ReactFoo Mumbai - May 2018
- ReactFoo Delhi - August 2018
ReactFoo Bangalore will bring together over 250 developers working with React, and who are invested in building a space for conversations around experiences using React in production.
ReactFoo Bangalore is a single-day, single track conference with talks, office hours and Birds of Feather(BoF) sessions. Workshops will be held on 1 and 3 March, before and after the conference.
Who should attend ReactFoo:
- Front-end engineers
- Teams and companies who are evaluating frameworks to use for running applications in production
- Cross platform mobile developers
ReactFoo provides you the opportunity to:
- Learn from and network with peers from the industry
- Gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work
- Understand how to run React in production, end-to-end, rather than only build an application with React
A Closer Look at the React Codebase
In this talk, I will take you on a journey through the react codebase. More importantly, we will have a look at the reason behind some of the quirks of the library itself.
Understanding the way a framework has been written internally gives more power to the developer in optimizing the custom code performance. Although there has been numerous changes to the source code, the core flavor remains intact. And it enables to learning how to work with large code bases as well.
Through this talk, I hope to inspire developers to take a look at the source code of the libraries/frameworks that they are currently using. And also to contribute back to the community.
Here are some of the topics that would be covered in the talk.
- Understanding the source code structure
- React Core APIs
- The Reconciler(s)
- DOM renderer
- Synthetic events
- And some quirky tips
I am a Software Engineer/ Front-end developer who works with technology stacks that includes React, Preact, Node, Webpack and even JQuery. I primarily focus on Web Performance and Accessibility.