About the event
After a successful first edition in Bangalore, ReactFoo travels to Pune. ReactFoo Pune will focus on the following topics:
- Success and failure stories of implementing React and React Native for your use-case.
- Lessons learned in shifting codebase from older frameworks to React.
- Comparative advantages of React and other JS frameworks.
ReactFoo Pune is an event for practitioners, by practitioners.
We invite developers and architects from large and small organizations to share their stories and insights with the community.
ReactFoo Pune is a two-day event with:
Hands-on workshops on 19 January. Single track of talks and Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions on 20 January.
30-40 participants will be admitted to each workshop. Workshop tickets have to be purchased separately. Workshops will be announced shortly.
Who should attend
- JS engineers from enterprises.
- JS engineers from startups.
- Cross-platform mobile developers.
Why you should attend?
- To learn from and network with peers from the industry.
- To gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work.
- To program better with React and React Native.
Proposals will be shortlisted and reviewed by an editorial team consisting of practitioners from the community. Make sure your abstract contains the following information:
- Key insights you will present, or takeaways for the audience.
- Overall flow of the content.
You must submit links to videos of talks you have delivered in the past, or record and upload a two-min self-recorded video explaining what your talk is about, and why is it relevant for this event.
Also consider submitting links to the following along with your proposal:
- A detailed outline, or
- Mindmap, explaining the structure of the talk, or
- Draft slides.
Honorarium for selected speakers; travel grants
Selected speakers and workshop instructors will receive an honorarium of Rs. 3,000 each, at the end of their talk. Confirmed speakers and instructors also get a pass to the conference. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
Owing to a tight budget, we will not be able to offer travel grants or accommodation for this event.
ReactFoo Pune conference – 19 January, 2018.
ReactFoo Pune hands-on workshops – 20 January, 2018.
Last date for submissions - 7 December, 2017.
For more information about speaking, ReactFoo, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact email@example.com or call 7676332020.
Proposals that will be evaluated will focus on personal experiences with React from a first person perspective. We’re looking for talks that will expand on reasons for decisions made to implement React, stumbling points before and after having done so, successes or failure faced with React, etc. Instructional talks exploring new features and how-to talks are not going to be a part of this edition of the conference.
React shared libraries and module systems
So my day job is to design and architect projects at my workplace and soon I realized that there were many common UI elements required across projects and I always end up copy-pasting those elements to newer as well as existing projects over and over again.
This was tearing me down me and I know everyone has gone through this phase in one or the other way.
So, I decided to extract the common elements which were used across the projects and compose an npm package out of it, and I have figured out all the steps and measures that can help you to do it in a proper way.
The talk will cover all the dos, don’ts, guides etc. that should be taken care of while extracting out some piece of code and compose them as a tiny UI library in the form of an npm package.
1. What are the different module systems.
2. What module systems to target and when.
3. How to Make the library Tree Shakeable.
4. When to use Babel.
5. When to use Bundlers.
6. How to manage the meta data for your libraries using the power of package.json
7. What to publish to npm.
And when we sum up all the above points we will be able to build our own React UI Library the right way. :)
Speaker at ReactiveConf 2017 • 💚 web • Foodie 🍜 • Open Source Enthusiast • Built react-chunkable • Tech Speaker • Blogger @medium • Obsessed by Web Performance 🚀