About the event
After a successful first edition in Bangalore, ReactFoo travels to Pune. ReactFoo Pune will focus on the following topics:
- Success and failure stories of implementing React and React Native for your use-case.
- Lessons learned in shifting codebase from older frameworks to React.
- Comparative advantages of React and other JS frameworks.
ReactFoo Pune is an event for practitioners, by practitioners.
We invite developers and architects from large and small organizations to share their stories and insights with the community.
ReactFoo Pune is a two-day event with:
Hands-on workshops on 19 January. Single track of talks and Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions on 20 January.
30-40 participants will be admitted to each workshop. Workshop tickets have to be purchased separately. Workshops will be announced shortly.
Who should attend
- JS engineers from enterprises.
- JS engineers from startups.
- Cross-platform mobile developers.
Why you should attend?
- To learn from and network with peers from the industry.
- To gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work.
- To program better with React and React Native.
Proposals will be shortlisted and reviewed by an editorial team consisting of practitioners from the community. Make sure your abstract contains the following information:
- Key insights you will present, or takeaways for the audience.
- Overall flow of the content.
You must submit links to videos of talks you have delivered in the past, or record and upload a two-min self-recorded video explaining what your talk is about, and why is it relevant for this event.
Also consider submitting links to the following along with your proposal:
- A detailed outline, or
- Mindmap, explaining the structure of the talk, or
- Draft slides.
Honorarium for selected speakers; travel grants
Selected speakers and workshop instructors will receive an honorarium of Rs. 3,000 each, at the end of their talk. Confirmed speakers and instructors also get a pass to the conference. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
Owing to a tight budget, we will not be able to offer travel grants or accommodation for this event.
ReactFoo Pune conference – 19 January, 2018.
ReactFoo Pune hands-on workshops – 20 January, 2018.
Last date for submissions - 7 December, 2017.
For more information about speaking, ReactFoo, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact email@example.com or call 7676332020.
Proposals that will be evaluated will focus on personal experiences with React from a first person perspective. We’re looking for talks that will expand on reasons for decisions made to implement React, stumbling points before and after having done so, successes or failure faced with React, etc. Instructional talks exploring new features and how-to talks are not going to be a part of this edition of the conference.
Load, Plug and Play: Video Streaming and React
Single Page Apps were quite a revolution with the introduction of frameworks like Ember, Backbone and Angular JS. Flash also is outdated having already outlived its lifetime.HTML5 video has become the de-facto standard for streaming on the web. And modern browser API’s facilitate development of efficient video streaming solution that offer content rights protection and host of integrations.
JS Frameworks have come a long way with frameworks like React, Vue which allow for “universal” rendering and “virtual DOM” abstraction. Developing a product should offer developers the joy of development while also ensuring that the user experience is the best.
This talk offers insight into leveraging technology for providing improved user experience and also improved coding satisfaction.
- Previous tech stack of our website(AngularJS+Flash)
- Limitations we faced with the previous stack
- Key Pain Points.
- Benefits we wanted with our new tech stack
- Reason for selecting the React+Flux approach over Angular2/Vue
- An intro to organising the various components & routes based bundling
- Advantages of migrating to the React+Flux framework
- Other improvements we intend to bring in the coming days
- Key Learnings we had from adopting React
Krunal and me are Web Developers working at Hotstar, one of the leading streaming solutions in India. In our experience spanning 6+ years, we have worked with the latest JS frameworks. We have worked with React in the past 2 years building CRM solutions, customer facing websites, charting solutions using various Flux frameworks. The intricacies invloved in streaming video, let alone the rights management or the ad stitching are hardly known to Many developers. In contrast, video streaming based entertainment has become the primary form of entertainment for the masses. We would like to illustrate to the React community and developers a solution that offers them the ease of just using a React component to see their favorite video play