##About the event
After successful editions in Bangalore and Pune, ReactFoo travels to Hyderabad. The Hyderabad edition will focus on the following topics:
- Success and failure stories of implementing React and React Native for your use-case.
- Your experiences with alternatives to React – such as Angular, Vue and other frameworks – why these worked / did not work for your use-case.
- Front-end architecture patterns and approaches with React.
- Mobile engineering with ReactNative or alternatives.
We invite developers and architects from large and small organizations to share their stories and insights with the community. You can either propose:
- Full length talks of 40 mins duration.
- Short talks of 20 mins duration.
- Birds Of Feather (BOF) sessions.
- Hands-on workshops for 3-6 hour duration.
Workshops on 18 March will be announced shortly. 30-40 participants will be admitted to each workshop. Workshop tickets have to be purchased separately.
- JS engineers from enterprises.
- JS engineers from startups.
- Cross-platform mobile developers.
- To learn from and network with peers from the industry.
- To gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work.
- To program better with React and React Native.
Speakers from previous editions will review proposals and vote on them. In order to make it to the shortlist, your submission must contain the following information:
- Key insights you will present, or takeaways for the audience.
- Overall flow of the content.
You must submit links to videos of talks you have delivered in the past, or record and upload a two-min self-recorded video explaining what your talk is about, and why is it relevant for this event.
Also consider submitting links to the following along with your proposal:
- A detailed outline, or
- Mindmap, explaining the structure of the talk, or
- Draft slides.
Selected speakers and workshop instructors will receive an honorarium of Rs. 3,000 each, at the end of their talk. Confirmed speakers and instructors also get a pass to the conference. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
Owing to a tight budget, we will not be able to offer travel grants or accommodation for this event.
ReactFoo Hyderabad conference – 17 March 2018.
ReactFoo Hyderabad hands-on workshops – 18 March 2018
Last date for submissions - 15 February 2018.
For more information about speaking, ReactFoo, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact email@example.com or call 7676332020.
Event website: https://reactfoo.in/2018-hyderabad/
Journey of Cheapass.in: A side project to a DIY platform
Cheapass.in was an Indian e-commerce price drop alerting system. It was used by over 7.5k users, and at shutdown, it had sent over 6,50,000 price drop alerts. This talk will walkthough the learnings I had as a solo developer/entreprenuer in building a product for Indian consumers - with both technical and business aspects to it. I’ll talk about how I built and scaled a full stack JS application over a span of 3 years - managing NodeJS servers, MongoDB, Android and iOS apps, Web clients (including a website, bookmarklet and a twitter bot). We’ll then look at replicating core product offerings by adopting a serverless architecture using Zeit Now, AWS Lambda and Google Firestore. This talk covers technical, growth marketing, and business aspects of building a product and is, therefore, intended for anyone interested in listening to a real story behind a real product.
This talk would be variant of the talk presented during JSFoo 2016 titled - “Scaling Cheapass.in from 0 to 500,000 price drop alerts”. It’ll cover what was presented during JSFoo 2016 alongwith additional content of creating a similar platform using serverless technologies which would have been a natural progression for Cheapass, had it been alive.