With the huge growth in popularity of AngularJS, it's time for a dedicated event looking at AngularJS in depth.
The AngularJS Miniconf is a spin-off event from Meta Refresh 2014 and will be hosted one day prior to the Meta Refresh workshops at the same venue: The Energy and Resources Institute, Domlur, Bangalore.
Miniconfs are single day, single track events on upcoming topics for a limited audience (80 max). They are participant-supported and low budget, so there's no funding for speaker travel expenses.
We're looking for talks on original work around AngularJS. As a spin-off event, talks will be selected by the Meta Refresh editorial panel by combining panel votes with participant votes (you may vote as a general member of the public, but your vote is only counted when you buy a ticket using an email address that is listed on your profile).
Kickstart Angular JS Development
This workshop is for giving a head start on web application development using Angular JS. At the end of the session, the attendees should be able to:
- Setup development environment for Angular JS development.
- Understand Angular JS factories, routes, directives, controllers and templates.
- Get an overview of Grunt and Bower to fasten front end development.
- If time permits, get a brief overview of Karma, Jasmine and Test driven development.
AngularJS is an opinionated MV* framework which will help you build highly interactive web applications in a much structured manner.
This workshop will cover the following:
- All the major concepts in Angular JS such as factories, routes, directives, controllers and templates.
- In-depth understanding about how scopes and two way data binding works in AngularJS.
- Kickstarting AngularJS development using ng-boilerplate.
- Overview of tools such as Lint, Grunt and Bower which would help for fastening the development.
- Overview of the TDD tools such as Karma, Jasmine which is bundled with ng-boilerplate.
Laptop with your preferred editor (Our preference is Sublime) and node.js installed.
Leena is the Head of Engineering @ Multunus. With 10+ years of experience in the industry she had worked with variety of technologies such as J2EE, Ruby On Rails, Objective C, Android etc. After working with BackboneJS extensively, right now she is exploring AngularJS. Apart from technologies, she has been an evangelist of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Delivery (CD). She has spoken about CD at DroidCon India 2011 and AgileIndia 2012. She had conducted a TDD workshop on Android as part of DroidCon India 2013.