Meta Refresh 2018 will cover four primary topics:
- User research and design – how user research is carried out and translated into design (whether engineering or designing user interactions).
- Design systems – how collaborations are being enabled between engineers and designers. Here, we are looking for case studies.
- Tooling for design systems – share your experiences (and evaluations) of open source tools for design systems.
- Why the boundaries between UI and UX are not the way to proceed for design and designers.
Criteria to submit a conference proposal
You must be a practising web developer or designer, and must be able to show how your own work has advanced the state of the web in the past year. You are expected to present original work that your peers — this event’s audience — recognise as being notable enough to deserve a stage. If you are excited about someone’s work and believe it deserves wider recognition, we recommend you contact them and ask them to submit a proposal.
Guidelines for submission
Every proposal MUST be accompanied by:
- A two minute preview video where the proposer gives an elevator pitch about the talk.
- Detailed outline of the talk – either in the form of draft slides, mind map and/or textual description.
- If you are proposing to speak on a topic where the code is not open-sourced yet, the editorial panel will consider your proposal only if the code is made open-source at least three weeks before the conference.
Without the above information, your proposal will not be considered for review.
If you are submitting a Workshop Proposal, you must clearly state:
- Background knowledge that participants must possess in order to attend your workshop.
- Details and links to software / packages which participants must install before coming to the workshop.
- Laptop configuration.
- Links to background reading material and GitHub repos.
- Duration of the workshop.
- Maximum number of participants who can attend your workshop.
- Instructor’s past experience with conducting workshops.
There is only one speaker per session. Workshops can have more two or more instructors.
Entry is free for confirmed speakers.
If you are an outstation speaker, HasGeek will do its best to provide a grant that covers part of your travel and accommodation expenses in Bangalore, subject to budgetary constraints.
The 2018 edition is a multi-track event with the following session formats:
- Full length talks of 40 minutes
- Crisp talk of 15 minutes
- Workshops of 3-6 hours
- Off the Record sessions (OTR)
Deadline for submitting proposals: TBD
Conference date: 26-27 October, 2018
Meta Refresh will be held at the NIMHANS Convention Center, Bangalore
For more information about speaking proposals, tickets and sponsorships, write to email@example.com or call +9107676332020
Design for the AI First World
How we marry Data with Design to achieve Strong Customer Relationship boils down to the fact how Data and Design can invoke Insightful Customer Experience. How AI can be your guiding path in generating the delightfull moments for a customer
This talk will throw light on three key aspects
1) Why to build impactful recommendations to improve CX,
2) What are the ways to build a stromg customer relationship
3) How to generate more personalized delight moments
Shubhradeep(a.k.a shubhra) heads the AI and Machine learning division(Digital technologies) at MSys. He comes with a decade plus of experience in setting up departments delving into Data Science,AI & ML verticals at many reputed companies like Market Share, IBM, Adobe, Oracle and recently MSys. He founded MAVIP(Massive vision and Intelligence project) the largest opensourced hyperlocal machine vision project; which has now grown up to a team of 11 people.
He is also an Adjunct faculty in Deep Learning at Symbiosis Centre of Information Technology.
He is the co-organizer of India’s largest Datascience Meetup group that consists of 5500+ members. He has founded a Social Fintech startup in 2011 and have exited in 2014. He is also an alumni of prestigious IIM Bangalore. He has spoken at multiple conferences like MODS, IndiaHacks, TIE Summit, Indian Technology Congress, OpenSource India etc. to name a few. This year(i.e. 2018) he will mostly be speaking at Redhat Devconf(Bangalore), STEPIN(Bangalore), DataHack 2018(Bangalore), 6th Global Summit on
Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks(Helsinki), AI Summit 2018, DLS(Toronto), AI World(Boston) etc.