This talk is for people who are not very familiar with baking but want to start baking their own bread. The talk will cover basic food science principles of doughs, fermentation and convection ovens, including:
- Introduction to baking - differences between cooking methods.
- Bare minimum list of tools and appliances required.
- Introduction to flours - maida/atta, all-purpose, bread flour, pizza flour, whole wheat - and the role of gluten
- Introduction to yeast and fermentation
- Flour + Salt + Water + Yeast = Basic bread method
- Enriched breads - Pav/Buns
- Flat breads - Foccacia, Pizza, Naans, Kulchas
- Industrial yeast vs Wild yeast - introduction to Sourdough baking
About the speaker: Krish Ashok is a techie, amateur musician. Ashok is the upcoming author of Masala Lab: The Science of Indian Cooking to be published in Dec 2020 by Penguin RandomHouse.
Participation: Registered participants will be notified of the Zoom link to join the session. Or, you can watch the livestream on this page.
Questions and comments: Leave questions and comments for the speaker by posting them on the Comments page.
Contact: For further queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-7676332020