Mind, the missing link in wellness
The body and mind are inextricably linked. Scientific studies continue to throw up evidences of how these two realms are always influencing and affecting each other. The intent of this talk is to impress upon the audience the vital importance of looking at health holistically, not from the viewpoint of only physical fitness or nutrition, but in its entirety - including the mind, encompassing the entire being. A healthy mind is essential for a healthy body, for preventing and countering psychosomatic symptoms or diseases and for enhancing performance and quality of life. Wellness approaches that give equal importance to the mind (for example those that incorporate mindfulness and emphasize mind-body awareness) are the more successful and sustainable ones.
- The importance of looking at wellness in its entirety
- The known linkages of how the mind affects the body and vice versa
- Challenges in integrating the mental realm into wellness programmes
- Approaches and routines that work - mindfulness, yoga, calisthenics
- Outcomes and impacts of such programmes on overall health
I’m a technologist with a passion for health and wellness. I run an organization that enables people to lead a healthy and balanced lifestyle; enhancing performance of both body and mind, by adopting an approach with natural techniques and minimalism at its core.