Did you know that every time you upload a photo to Facebook, the platform uses facial recognition algorithms to identify the people in that image? Or that certain governments around the world use face recognition technology to identify and catch criminals? The usage of face recognition models is only going to increase in the next few years.
Facial recognition is the process of identifying or verifying the identity of a person using their face. It captures, analyzes and compares patterns based on the person’s facial details.
1. The face detection process is and essential step as it detects and locates human faces in images and videos.
2. The face capture process transforms an analog information (a face) into a set of digital information (data) based on the person’s facial features.
3. The face match process verifies if two faces belong to the same person.
NodeJS / ExpressJS — Backend
1) User Registration
2) Image upload, resizing and deleting
3) Using camera
4) Train model
1) What is face detection?
a) Importance of face detection
b) Current state of research
c) Different approaches
2) Face Recognition
a) What is face recognition?
b) Its applications
3) A Video Demo
Santosh Shingare is an engineer by profession. He was elected to the Wikimedia India Executive Committee in April 2017. He was worked as research assistant in IIT Bombay, currently working with PayPal in Bangalore.
- Hack-a-thon lead : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/Single/2016-08-18
- Firefox OS hack-a-thon : https://fxoshack.wordpress.com/2014/07/17/firefox-os-hackathon-at-iitb-june-25-26-2014/
- EC Member of Wikimedia Chapter India : http://wiki.wikimedia.in/index.php?title=Executive_Committee_Members&%2FWikimedia_India_Chapter_Executive_Committee_Members=