JSFoo is in its ninth edition this year. Talks at JSFoo 2019 will cover the following topics:
- Component architecture – how different web components have been stitched together to build apps; outcomes on UI and performance as a result of architecture choices
- Deployment practices for front-end and how Kubernetes and CI/CD fall into this picture
- Developer experience (DX)
- Functional programming paradigms: ReasonML and ClojureScript
- Privacy and Content Security Policy (CSP)
- New developments such as SvelteJS
Speakers from Razorpay, CloudCherry, Myntra, Innovaccer, GitLab, Microsoft, Atlassian and Gramener will share their work and learnings on these topics.
Who should attend JSFoo:
JSFoo is a conference for practitioners, by practitioners. JSFoo 2019 is a conference for:
- Front-end engineers
- Senior software developers
- Team leaders and engineering managers
- Fullstack developers
- InfoSec professionals
##JSFoo 2019 details:
Dates: 27 and 28 September
Venue: NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bangalore
The following workshops have been curated for before and after the conference:
For inquiries about conference tickets, workshop tickets and any other details, call JSFoo on 7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JSFoo 2019 sponsors:
For tickets and sponsorships, contact email@example.com or call +91-7676332020. For queries about proposing talks, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross Browser Add-ons and How to build one
Extensions (or Add-ons) can extend and modify the capability of a browser. Browser extensions help us to personalize the browser as per our requirement.
By the end of the session, each participant would have the idea to be able to customize their favt. browser by building their own add-on (for instance, from building an add-on which reminds user to drink water after every hour to building an add-on that chops off the UTM token, makes your browsing more private)
Session Outline :
- Introduction of WebExtensions
- Show webExtension Examples
- Anatomy of webExtension
- WebExtension APIs
- Build a basic WebExtension
- Porting a webExtension from/to Chrome.
- How to Choose the right extension for your favt browser.
Jyotsna is an Open Source Enthusiast, working as a Software Developer in CoffeeBeans, Bangalore. She is a TechSpeaker at Mozilla and volunteers to Mozilla in her free time as an Add-on Content Reviewer & Add-ons Featured Advisory Board Member. She has served on the judging panel for the Firefox Quantum Extensions Challenge. She is also a Firefox Add-ons Mentor and has published a privacy-themed add-on PrivateX. For her contributions to Mozilla, her name is also listed in about:credits and the credits page of every shipped Firefox browser.
She energizes herself by playing Badminton, TT, Carrom, Chess, and Basketball. She prefers to spend most of the time in her room, else she feels to travel the world. If you don’t see her doing any of the above, then you’ll find probably find her sleeping and dreaming for hours, maybe days?
- LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jyotsna17gupta/
- Twitter Profile: https://twitter.com/imJenal