Symbol is a new primitive type introduced in ES2015 specification, which has with many special qualities. They can generally be used as object properties to avoid name collisions. And a few symbols are defined by the standard itself each of which has its own special purpose.
In this talk, we shall understand the Symbol type and the standard symbols of the language in detail. Also the use cases and application in our development process.
- What are Symbols.
- The motivation for bringing symbols.
- Symbols with description vs key
- Symbols as object properties
- Symbols defined by the standard
- Iterables and Symbol.iterator, Symbol.asyncIterator
- Other symbols such as Symbol.match, Symbol.search
- Using symbols in practice
- Q & A.