Call for proposals
JSFoo Pune 2019 is a single track event with:
- Full talks: 40 mins duration
- Crisp talk: 20 mins duration
- Birds Of Feather (BOF) sessions of 45-60 mins duration
We are accepting talks on the following topics:
- Architecture approaches (and case studies) for engineering web apps.
- Architecting for performance – case studies on how you got faster response times
- Best practices: debugging and profiling on the web, testing, measuring performance.
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA).
- Handling large volumes of data in the browser.
- Modern web technology: NativeScript, Vue
Proposals will be filtered and shortlisted by a community of past speakers and those who have been associated with JSFoo since 2011.
Make sure to add links to videos/slide decks when submitting proposals. We will not review proposals without detailed outlines or slide decks and preview videos.
The first filter for every proposal is whether the technology or solution you are referring to is open source or not. If you are referring to a proprietary technology, consider picking up a sponsored session.
The criteria for selecting proposals, in the order of importance, are:
- Key insight or takeaway: what can you share with participants that will help them in their work and in thinking about the problem?
- Structure of the talk and flow of content: a detailed outline helps us understand the focus of the talk, and the clarity of your thought process.
- Ability to communicate succinctly, and how you engage with the audience. You must submit link to a two-minute preview video explaining what your talk is about, and what is the key takeaway for the audience.
No one submits the perfect proposal in the first instance. We therefore encourage you to:
- Submit your proposal early so that we have more time to iterate if the proposal has potential.
- Write to us on: email@example.com if you want to discuss an idea for your proposal, and need help / advice on how to structure it.
Our editorial team also helps potential speakers in refining their talk ideas, and rehearsing at least twice - before the main conference - to sharpen the insights presented in the talk.
Last date for submissions: Closed
JSFoo Pune: 10 January 2019, at MCCIA Trade Tower, Senapati Bapat Rd, Pune.
Hands-on workshops: 11 January 2019, location to be announced.
Full schedule announcement: 15 November 2018
For tickets and sponsorships, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-7676332020.
Navigating the labyrinth or how to profile your webapp on Chrome?
by Pavithra Kodmad, developer at Atlassian
- Intro performance profiling in Chrome - 2 mins
- Walkthrough of the UI - 5 mins
- Basic example profile and walkthrough - 10 mins
- Examples of performance bottlenecks fixed - 20 mins
- Slow navigation like scrolling.
- Page freezing incidents
- Few more..
by Arunkumar Krishnamoorthy
- Brief intro of problem domain
- Overall architecture stack and the role played by every component in it - Single sign-on, API and messsaging based integration, how microservices based setup helped solve our problem
- How automation of business processes are modeled on a graph model
- How APIs allowed us to scale / extend our applications’ reach to students
- A configurable integrated dashboard by orchestrating KPIs from every module / function
MCCIA Trade Tower
505, A-Wing, MCCIA Trade Tower
ICC Complex, 403, Senapati Bapat Rd, Laxmi Society, Model Colony, Shivajinagar