State Machines for Frontend State Management
The major complexity of Frontend App Development arises when managing state of DOM, Internal variables, UI controls. Have you wondered if JS code can be architected to manage state without resorting to high learning curve state management solutions like Redux, MobX etc when not needed. Independent of what framework is used, the concepts of State Machines from Automata theory can be applied to your frontend apps.
- Computer science fundamentals like automata theory can help us in frontend development also.
- Frontend apps can be architected well, when thought of as a database system.
- Simple introduction to State Machines
- Why and how State Machines are heavily utilized in Distributed systems
- Seeing frontend applications as a distributed system (with time bound events from DOM interactions), how to utilize the powerful concepts of state machines
- Separation of DOM writes vs DOM reads (State Machine)
- Action dispatcher - DOM writes
- State Transition(er), State Event Triggers
- How easy is it to have Time Travel Logger
Tejesh works extensively writing code to build no-code platforms. Actively contributes to open-source library G1.js. Architected and developed MapViewer library to visualize Geo-Spatial data. Features include shapefiles loader, auto merge data with shapefiles, progressive drill down of shapefiles.