We began in Pune in 2016 and after two editions in namma Bengaluru, we’re delighted to come full circle back to apla Pune (and all those delicious bakarwadis and modaks).
As India’s premiere Clojure and ClojureScript conference, we strive to facilitate the free exchange of ideas between new and experienced programmers alike.
Over the years, IN/Clojure has served as a platform to kickstart a series of Clojure workshops and meet-ups across the country. And it has helped attendees make a strong case for Clojure, and Clojurescript adoption in their companies.
We believe that this edition of the conference, like previous editions will foster the growing Clojure community in Asia.
Who should attend?
Whether you are knee-deep writing macros that write macros, or struggling to escape the beginner’s plateau, or wondering if/why/how to adopt Clojure in your organization, or are in it purely for the joy of learning, IN/Clojure is the event bringing together a great mix of Clojure/Script masters, practitioners, and newcomers from across India and beyond.
We welcome you to join nearly 149 other people and…
- Speak: CFP is open till 20 Jan 2020.
- Learn: We run two all-day hands-on Clojure workshops. Check ‘em out here.
- Converse: Derive some sweet cerebral expansion from the talks, the tweetstorms, and the “hallway tracks”.
- Inspire: Trade notes, ideas, tools, and techniques with new and experienced Clojure programmers alike (photostream).
- Be Inspired : Start that project, that meetup, that hack night, that business, that beautiful work of art.
- Sponsor: Help foster the growing Clojure and FP community in India/Asia.
- Network: Meet seasoned practitioners and awesome sponsors (listed below). Hire or get hired. Acquire or get acquired ;-)
- Grab: Some cool swag, and some fun swag, and some zany swag.
- Party: Eat, drink, and make merry with some of the nicest people around.
Plus, this year we enjoy the company of the perennially effervescent Bozhidar Batsov; prolific Clojurist, Emacs fanatic, maintainer of CIDER, and Lisp hacker extraordinaire.
(Oh, and tickets are going, going, going… grab yours while stocks last.)
IN/Clojure 2020 Sponsors:
Speaker travel support
Pre-conference partyPre-conference party sponsored by Platinum sponsor: nilenso. 7 PM, 14th Feb at the Teakwood Hall in Royal Orchid: g.page/royal-orchid-central-pune
Opening Keynote: The Future of Clojure ToolingAbstract Ah, the future! Such an exciting topic! It’s always a lot of fun to speculate on what will follow next, isn’t it? You know what’s twice as exciting (at least for programmers) - discussing the future of Clojure development tools, those underappreciated workhorses that make our lives hacking with Clojure easier, more fun and more productive. In this talk we’ll examine the current state of the broader Clojure tooling ecosystem, contrast the approaches taken by the most popular development tools out there, and try to give you a sense of their strengths and weaknesses. We’ll then skip to a discussions of some interesting efforts to improve the existing tool stack, happening right now in the community, and dream about the day they’ll come to fruition. And the day right after it. Ideally, when all is set and done you’ll have a much better understanding of how popular Clojure development tools are working, and more appreciation for all the efforts that go into them. Perhaps you’ll even get inspired enough to start contributing to some tools. :-) Outline The spiritual successor to a long line of past talks on CIDER, nREPL, Documentation, and other aspects of Clojure tooling such as: CIDER Distilled: A Common Foundation for Clojure Tooling | Clojure South 2019 nREPL Redux | Dutch Clojure Days 2019 Towards Awesome Clojure Documentation | ClojuTRE 2017 CIDER Inside the Brewery | Clojure/West 2016 The Evolution of the Emacs Tooling for Clojure | Clojure/Conj 2014