The Fifth Elephant Winter Edition videos are available to watch here
In 2020, OpenAI released a Large Language Model (LLM) called GPT3 which has a billion parameters. With a minimal and intuitive user interface which was released to go with GPT3, it caught the imagination and attention of AI communities and researchers all over the world.
One by one, the domain use cases such as co-pilots for coding, creative AI, and other downstream tasks were shown to be fast-tracked by GenerativeAI models and LLMs. As such, there is a wide-ranging interest in large language models and applications around them for various domains and use cases in the AI space. Experiments which aim to find optimal hyperparameters, and those dealing with underfitting and overfitting models are being carried out regularly; more and more barriers are being broken down every day.
The Fifth Elephant 2023 Winter edition will cover topics on the research, engineering, and business aspects of AI, exploring the practical implementation and economic implications of these systems.
The winter edition of The Fifth Elephant will showcase talks, discussions and demos across generative and multimodal AI, and other classic AI/ML/DL applications on the below themes.
Share approaches and case studies covering the following use cases:
- Products and platforms using LLMs, GenerativeAI, ML, and Deep Learning techniques, and business formulation around AI engineering.
- Conversational AI and search, automatic speech recognition, healthcare, e-commerce, fintech, media and OTT, and other verticals.
- Multilingual needs in India in digital products/platforms - features discussions, models training, finetuning, RLHF, RAGs, quantization techniques, dataset curation and augmentations, challenges faced in pipelines, evaluation metrics, future roadmaps, applications such as multilingual voice bots using ASR/STT, text to speech for accessibility.
Share case studies and experiential talks on handling the operations for data science such as scaling challenges and fine-tuning challenges, and lessons learned, and best practices for incorporating ethics, safety, and bias.
Show demos on features/products which leverage AI and LLM-based APIs and models. It can be from creative AI, generative AI space, and various verticals with relevant use cases.
The December edition will be held in-person. Attendance is open to The Fifth Elephant members only. Pick a membership to attend the in-person conference, and to support The Fifth Elephant’s community activities.
- AI/ML/Data Science Ops engineers who want to learn about state-of-the-art tools and techniques, especially from domains such as health care, e-commerce, automobile, agri-tech and industrial verticals
- Data scientists who want a deeper understanding of model deployment/governance.
- Architects who are building ML workflows that scale.
- Tech founders and CTOs who are building products and platforms that leverage AI, ML and LLMs
- Product managers, who want to learn about the process of building AI/ML products.
- Directors, VPs and senior tech leadership who are building AI/ML teams.
Sponsorship slots are open for:
- Infrastructure (GPU, CPU and cloud providers) and developer productivity tool makers who want to evangelise their offering to developers and decision-makers.
- Companies who want to do tech branding among AI and ML developers.
- Venture Capital (VC) firms and investors who want to scan the landscape of innovations and innovators in AI and who want to source leads for investment in the AI and ML space.
If you are interested in sponsoring The Fifth Elephant, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unlocking the Power of Action Event Data: A Cross-Industry Perspective
Optimizing action events, like purchases and bookings, is the cornerstone for boosting revenue across diverse domains. While the industry has often focused on interest and desire data, such as clicks and impressions, neglecting the critical dimension of action data, in the context of ML modelling, to drive success. Our research at Glance, a leader in personalized content delivery to 200M+ smartphone users, transcends this paradigm. By harnessing action event data, we have witnessed substantial improvements in various facets, underscoring the broader significance of this approach. This paper explores our journey and insights into the pivotal role of prioritizing action events and their impact beyond the realm of advertising, extending to diverse industries.
Large-Scale Model Deployment: Learn strategies and techniques for deploying and scaling machine learning models to serve 200M+ users effectively.
Elevating Revenue and Enhancing User Experiences with Action Event Data: Explore how it enhances company revenue through precise recommendations, while simultaneously elevating user experiences by delivering only relevant content.
Advanced Feature Processing: Discover novel feature importance techniques employed in optimizing action event data for better model performance.
ML Model Advancements: Explore insights and advancements in machine learning models tailored to action event data for enhanced user engagement and revenue growth.
- Setting the stage for the importance of action event data
The Shift in Focus
- Exploring the industry’s emphasis on interest and desire data
- How Glance embraced action event data and its impact on the company
- Summarizing the insights and implications for organizations
Recommender Systems, Revenue Growth, Mobile Advertising, User Engagement, Recommender Systems, Data-Driven Decision Making, Personalization
Priyansh Jain, MLE - III, InMobi Group
Sumit Yadav, MLE - II, InMobi Group