The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Using Apache Nifi to manage a real time master data foundation @ Nike
Session type: Short talk of 20 mins
Nike has a wide variety of systems in the enterprise landscape. All these systems produce data in different shapes and sizes. We are building theNike data foundation so that we meet the below goals.
1.Deliver trusted, accurate, timely and consistent information and insights to the business.
2.Enable governing data as an asset and sharing data at scale.
3.Enable faster and better informed business decisions resulting in serving our customers and consumers more efficiently.
One key aspect in the enterprise data foundation is master data. It is very important that we maintain a single source of truth for master data to address issues around consistency, authenticity and governance. It is also important that updates to master data are visible to consumers as soon as possible.This talk is about Nike’s journey in building a real time master data management platform using Apache Nifi. We will talk about the various pros and cons of the technologies we considered and why we made certain decisions given the overall goals of the program.
- What is master data?
- What are the various types of master data?
- What is the existing situation without a unified platform for master data?
- What technologies were evaluated?
- Why we have chosen Apache Nifi?
- What is Nifi well suited for?
- How did we develop and integrate this with our CI/CD pipelines?
Vidya is currently part of Nike, Enterprise Data and Analytics organisation, leading teams in the space of Enterprise master data management and data science engineering.