The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
Airflow for the Enterprise (Nike's Journey)
Session type: Short talk of 20 mins
Nike has a wide variety of systems in the enterprise landscape. All these systems produce data in different shapes and sizes. We are building the Nike data foundation so that we meet the below goals.
- Deliver trusted, accurate, timely and consistent information and insights to the business.
- Enable governing data as an asset and sharing data at scale.
- Enable faster and better informed business decisions resulting in serving our
- customers and consumers more efficiently.
One key aspect in the enterprise data foundation is having consolidated data which helps in Decision Support. It is very important that we collect all the transactional data and run transformation heavy and consolidation jobs which provide the data for enabling the reporting dash boards. The Nike’s data landscape is extremely complex with diverse systems, integration points and massive volumes. We need a highly reliable and scalable platform to orchestrate all of these data pipelines.
This talk is about how Nike utilizes the open source technology Apache Airflow to run complex ETL/ELT/Decision Support/Advance Analytics jobs which executes code base developed using various technologies (Spark, Hive, Python, Shell, AWS commands) and handle complex integration with other collaboration tools like E-mail / Slack / Box etc.
• What makes Airflow Architecture unique?
• How to leverage Custom Operators for repeat operations?
• How to effectively use Netflix Genie with cloud services like AWS.
• How to simplify CI / CD for Airflow using Jenkins and Code Repos like Git/Bitbucket
Chandra is currently a data engineering manager part of Nike, Enterprise Data & Analytics Team, leading teams in the space of Enterprise Data Foundation and Retail Data Products.