##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Deep Learning Showdown: How to pick the right tool for the job?
When you have a data centric problem to solve and you look for a technology to support you with this: The machine intelligence landscape can be overwhelming. I analysed the landscape using a data driven approach and condensed the outcome into a consumable from. Additionally I came to the conclusion that there is a set of questions you have to ask yourself to make the best possible choice for your situation. This talk will cover these questions and present the analysis results on the basis of these.
TL;DR: With this simple talk you will know which framework / toolkit / library is best suited for your problem. Machine Learning Consultants hate him!
Talk Duration: 30-45 minutes + Q&A
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1sS0CY3okETHtNipBd9M_3VJOP2-QreHK1__Twb5CTGM/edit?usp=sharing Talk Recording:
Aiko works as a consultant and developer for ThoughtWorks. He is passionate about software craftsmanship, clean code and software development methodologies. While working with clients he focusses on improving the development process and code quality of the teams he’s working with. Lately he focusses on delivering large scale machine learning solutions with clients.