The Fifth Elephant Winter edition starts at 9:30 am; live stream for members This update is for participants only
##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email email@example.com
Leveraging Power of Analytics for Martech
Session type: Full talk of 40 mins
Marketing Technology has undergone a technological revolution over the past 10 – 15 years. Today marketers are able to track the smallest of digital footprint like scrolls on mobile or web apps. Armed with the digital trove of user behavior data, marketers are trying to nudge and retain their users across the customer lifecycle.
But, why are conversions per campaign in low single digits? Why does an app lose 90% of the newly acquired users in the first month?
A marketer of a medium sized app (MAU ~ 20,000 and 50 events per user per month) has to analyze atleast 1 million data points monthly. In order to be agile, marketers tend to cut corners and take sub-optimal data driven decisions. As a result, conversions rates are poor. A sub 1% conversion rate is quite common i.e. 99 users out of 100 are not interested in the app’s messaging. This not only means that the marketer has poorly allocated the resources and runs the risk of underachieving the target KPIs but also antagonize the user experience which could result in churn or uninstalls.
CleverTap is a leading Customer Lifecycle Management and Engagement Platform which help apps retain their users for life. The solutions that we develop have to be best-in class, generic (usable by any app) and highly actionable. This talk will discuss our approach to solve 2 keys issues faced by marketers:
- Identify that elusive segment that gives the maximum ROI based on pre-defined goal within a pre- defined time
- Hyper personalized messages that resonate with their users resulting in increased conversions
The key takeaway for the audience is the use of temporal user behavior to create:
- Dynamic User Clusters
- Recommender Engine
- Brief about CleverTap
- Current State of the Industry
- Challenges faced by Marketers on Segmentation
- CleverTap’s solution for Intelligent Segmentation with Machine Learning
- Case studies showing the real impact of CleverTap’s solution
- Challenges faced by Marketers on Campaign Content
- CleverTap’s solution to Automating Campaign Content with Recommender Engine
- Case studies showing the real impact of CleverTap’s Recommender Engine
Machine Learning enthusiasts eager to solve business problems
An Investment Banker by accident and a Data Scientist by choice, Jacob has successfully transitioned from the world of finance to the world of nerds in analytics. Jacob brings over 15 years of combined experience in analytics, consulting, portfolio management to solve complex business problems faced by marketers with the help of cutting-edge industry-first solutions powered by Data Science.
Jacob is a proud recipient of 40 under 40 Data Scientists (2019) awarded by Analytics India Magazine. He has written multiple articles on data science which have been picked up by renowned sites like kdnuggets, datasciencecentral.