The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
JSFoo:VueDay 2019 sponsors:
The art of abstraction to handle database and storage system chaos
With growing data volumes and varying needs of data storage and access patterns gave rise to adoption of diverse databases such as key value, wide columns, document, graph and so on. Also, with increasing adoption of public clouds organizations started leveraging flexible storage mediums such as HDFS & Object stores. There is a dire need of query engine in the analytics platform which can query across these federated systems without creating copies of data. In this session we will go over segment of Walmart’s data analytics stack which tackled this use case by leveraging open source solutions.
- Database chaos - diverse SQL/NoSQL systems, accept it there’s no one stop solution!!
- Hetrogenious storage system - on prem distributed systems HDFS, public and private object stores
- Need for unified querying layer to query across all hetrogenious systems, even better if multiple federated systems can be queried in a single query.
- Presto overview - open source distributed SQL engine for running fast analytic queries against various data sources
- Alluxio overview - open source tiered caching storage which unifies data access to different systems, and seamlessly bridges computation frameworks and underlying storage
- How Presto and Alluxio together powers scalable and performant analytical platform @ WalmartLabs
- Enterprise security integrations and tools built over open source Presto @ WalmartLabs
Ashish is passionate about BigData technologies and designing data analytics systems for large scale. He has been working on Hadoop processing pipelines since 2009. At his current role @WalmartLabs as Staff Engineer he focuses on building data products to power Walmart’s DataLake and also contributing to overall data and cloud strategy.
Prior to that he worked as Senior Data Architect at PubMatic where he contributed to setup Lambada architecture pipeline for large scale AdTech data processing for reporting, analytics & machine learning.
He is frequent speaker at BigData meetups & conferences, Apache committer and FOSS lover.