The Fifth Elephant Winter edition starts at 9:30 am; live stream for members This update is for participants only
##The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25 and 26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science.
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products.
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce.
- Feature engineering and ML platforms.
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organizations of different scales.
1. Meet Peter Wang, co-founder of Anaconda Inc, and learn about why data privacy is the first step towards robust data management; the journey of building Anaconda; and Anaconda in enterprise.
2. Talk to the Fulfillment and Supply Group (FSG) team from Flipkart, and learn about their work with platform engineering where ground truths are the source of data.
3. Attend tutorials on Deep Learning with RedisAI; TransmorgifyAI, Salesforce’s open source AutoML.
4. Discuss interesting problems to solve with data science in agriculture, SaaS perspective on multi-tenancy in Machine Learning (with the Freshworks team), bias in intent classification and recommendations.
5. Meet data science, data engineering and product teams from sponsoring companies to understand how they are handling data and leveraging intelligence from data to solve interesting problems.
##Why you should attend?
- Network with peers and practitioners from the data ecosystem
- Share approaches to solving expensive problems such as cleanliness of training data, model management and versioning data
- Demo your ideas in the demo session
- Join Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions to have productive discussions on focussed topics. Or, start your own Birds of Feather (BOF) session.
##Full schedule published here: https://hasgeek.com/fifthelephant/2019/schedule
For more information about The Fifth Elephant, sponsorships, or any other information call +91-7676332020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
State of Data Science & Machine Learning
Session type: Full talk of 40 mins
As machine learning and AI become adopted at an increasing rate, businesses and practitioners face new types of challenges. At the heart of many of these lies an uncomfortable truth: that data science is not merely a new kind of technical specialty, but rather that it represents an opportunity for deep business transformation. In this talk, Peter speaks to this concept that Data Science isn’t just a “job”, it’s actually a democratization of empiricism. Furthermore, the idea of “democratization” is intertwined with the role of Open Source in innovation, and the kind of ethical future that we create around machine learning and AI.
- Data science is not just a job
- operationalization vs. exploration
- democratization, “citizen” data science
- The role and future of open source
- Two types of OSS
- Software isn’t just code
- Crowdsourcing innovation
- What comes next?
- Hardware innovation
- Desegregating computing
- The coming age of inference engines
Peter Wang is a co-founder of Anaconda, Inc., where he is CTO and leads the Open Source and Community Innovation team. He has been developing commercial scientific computing and visualization software for 20 years. He has extensive experience in software design and development across a broad range of areas, including 3D graphics, geophysics, large data simulation and visualization, financial risk modeling, and medical imaging.
As a creator of the PyData community and conferences, he devotes time and energy to growing the Python data science community and advocating and teaching Python at conferences around the world. Peter holds a BA in Physics from Cornell University.